News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Sue's intro

Started by Gloster, September 08, 2016, 08:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloster

Hi gals and guys!

This is actually Gloucester, I had probs when swapping tablets and decided to join anew under an alias, sue.donimm.

The alias is one I made up for the old BBC noticeboards, which could be quite fearsome - even if bad language was not allowed. It was a bit of a sock-puppet to play havoc with a particularly nasty character. It was successful in that, he left, and I - sort of- got some insight into the female perspective by carefully playing as an assertive woman in my manners and opinions. As best a mere make could do so.

Had a down side though... One of the guys developed a crush on me, then another recognised enough of the style to identify me. I really hated letting the first guy down.  :-\

Anyway, any chance one of you admin types can change my name? To "Gloster" if not the original?

Sorry, but could not resist resurrecting Sue when I saw her in my alias list!  ;)

Later: should have added that I was also busy with a project proposal I decided to drop in the end.

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloster on September 08, 2016, 08:33:59 PM
Hi gals and guys!

This is actually Gloucester, I had probs when swapping tablets and decided to join anew under an alias.

The alias is one I made up for the old BBC noticeboards, which could be quite fearsome - even if bad language was not allowed. It was a bit of a sock-puppet to play havoc with a particularly nasty character. It was successful in that, he left, and I - sort of- got some insight into the female perspective by carefully playing as an assertive woman in my manners and opinions. As best a mere make could do so.

Had a down side though... One of the guys developed a crush on me, then another recognised enough of the style to identify me. I really hated letting the first guy down.  :-\

Anyway, any chance one of you admin types can change my name? To "Gloster" if not the original?

Sorry, but could not resist resurrecting Sue when I saw her in my alias list!  ;)

Later: should have added that I was also busy with a project proposal I decided to drop in the end.
Gloucester! It's nice to have you back.  :hug:

This is hilarious... ;D
QuoteHad a down side though... One of the guys developed a crush on me...

It would be funny if I confessed, after being here six years, that I'm a man.  :snicker:
...Well, not really.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Gloster

Thanks, Mags.

And whoever renamed me.

Tsk, right at the bottom of the pecking order again! But who gives a toss when one is having fun?

:D

Tank

Quote from: Gloster on September 08, 2016, 09:40:14 PM
Thanks, Mags.

And whoever renamed me.

Tsk, right at the bottom of the pecking order again! But who gives a toss when one is having fun?

Can't you log in on your original account?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gloster

Quote from: Tank on September 08, 2016, 09:55:34 PM
Quote from: Gloster on September 08, 2016, 09:40:14 PM
Thanks, Mags.

And whoever renamed me.

Can't you log in on your original account?
Seems not, Tank, for some reason the login stored under FireFox on my old laptop, which mostly gathers dust now, does not seem to work on this new tablet. I even wrote it all down.

It had trouble with a couple of others and Chrome seems to have "forgotten" one that I put in two weeks ago.

I have no idea what is happening, hope it's not a bug!

Recusant

I sent you a PM about this.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Well, welcome back, Sue! Err...Gloster/Gloucester. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

Thanks for the runaround, Sue.

OldGit

xSilverPhinx