News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Heyho =]

Started by 0dan1, December 03, 2007, 12:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0dan1

Hello everyone =]

my name is Dan and its good to be here, i was looking for a community like this, and found it!

I am an atheist, was brought up with agnostic parents, but in a christian school, and kinda grew up never questioning the fact there WAS a God, who answered prayers etc. When I hit high school that all changed. The concept of a supreme, all powerful, all knowing, invisible, untouchable, super being, whom is exempt from all the laws of the universe, is entirely ridiculous =P

Im a member of a Christian youth group (im 16) so arguing there is great fun =D

Id describe myself as a nihilist atheist hedonist... which is the best and most coherent position i have found so far...

NOTHING MATTERS, GOD DOS NT EXIST, HAVE FUN WHILST YOU CAN =D

and im generally very very happy indeed ^^

Thanks everyone =]

SteveS

Sounds like an interesting (and fun) life philosophy!  Welcome to the board, 0dan1.

McQ

Welcome to the forum, 0dan1. Thanks for the background and view on your philosophy. Glad to have you here.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

0dan1

thank you ^^

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, 0dan1.  I like your philosophy as well.

Quote from: "0dan1"Id describe myself as a nihilist atheist hedonist... which is the best and most coherent position i have found so far...

NOTHING MATTERS, GOD DOS NT EXIST, HAVE FUN WHILST YOU CAN =D

You may mellow a bit with age and drop the nihilism.  (It is a bit bleak!)

0dan1

thank you =D

hehe perhaps... its always good to be wrong =]

but if you see it as a positive thing instead of bleak, I find it can be a pretty cheerful position!

BleedingOrchid

Welcome Dan! It's awesome that at such a young age you are confident in what you believe & don't believe. I wish I'd been that confident when I was just as young...I'm twice your age, young'un! LOL  

TTFN
Here we are
Upon your stage
The love we share
The dreams we'll save
They're bleeding the orchid...~Smashing Pumpkins

timothy40744

Kudos to you, Odan. And to BleedingOrchid..."young'un?" 32 was a couple of bulging discs ago for me. Nothing the proper narcotics won't alleviate, mind you... Now what was I saying?