News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

I am drinking wine. Large quantities of red wine. From 2013.

Thank you, Dionysus.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 12, 2018, 01:49:22 PM

:lol:

Hi, Davin... :computerwave:

Maybe I am just a good woman trapped inside the body of an alcoholic.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on February 13, 2018, 07:12:33 AM
Quote from: Davin on February 12, 2018, 01:49:22 PM

:lol:

Hi, Davin... :computerwave:

Maybe I am just a good woman trapped inside the body of an alcoholic.  :grin:

I think that deep down, with enough drink drunk, we are all a bit of an alcoholic.

...or maybe not, maybe it's just me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

On the serious side: teaching little kids "habits" like that borders on chiod abuse in my book - sorry to be the party pooper but we all know that even small things can get deeply imprinted into young brains.

"Hey, little boy, it's OK to drink, it's fun!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 13, 2018, 02:02:53 PM
I think that deep down, with enough drink drunk, we are all a bit of an alcoholic.

If enjoying a glass or two of wine makes me an alcoholic, according to experts...So be it.
:cheersfortwo:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on February 13, 2018, 03:44:00 PM
On the serious side: teaching little kids "habits" like that borders on chiod abuse in my book - sorry to be the party pooper but we all know that even small things can get deeply imprinted into young brains.

That GIF is just a joke.
Everyone knows you don't give children alcoholic beverages.

Davin

Oh totally. My mom wouldn't let me drink root beer from a glass bottle because she thought the same thing. I had to sneak glass bottle root beer and now I'm a raging alcoholic that can't go an hour without a drink. I shouldn't have disobeyed my mom and imprinted drinking things from a glass bottle onto my mind.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on February 13, 2018, 04:03:25 PM

If enjoying a glass or two of wine makes me an alcoholic, according to experts...So be it.
If you can't admit that you have a drinking problem, then you have a drinking problem. So I figure I might as well just go around admitting that I have a drinking problem even though I probably don't have one. Is drinking only 4-6 drinks a week at most a drinking problem? Only if I don't admit that I have a problem.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 13, 2018, 04:54:00 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 13, 2018, 04:03:25 PM

If you can't admit that you have a drinking problem, then you have a drinking problem. So I figure I might as well just go around admitting that I have a drinking problem even though I probably don't have one. Is drinking only 4-6 drinks a week at most a drinking problem? Only if I don't admit that I have a problem.
I have a drinking problem too. I can drink beer like a viking on a snowy day, and I can drink Jesus' blood like a thirsty mother fucking vampire.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 13, 2018, 04:46:52 PM

Oh totally. My mom wouldn't let me drink root beer from a glass bottle because she thought the same thing. I had to sneak glass bottle root beer and now I'm a raging alcoholic that can't go an hour without a drink. I shouldn't have disobeyed my mom and imprinted drinking things from a glass bottle onto my mind.
My grandpa used to let me dip my little finger in a glass of sangria once a year. Every year.

Now look at me!
:drink:

Love you grandpa...Wherever you are.  I hope you went to sangria heaven. :grin:

Dave

Well, it may be just a joke . . .

However I put it in a similar bracket to "candy cigarettes". Just a candy for kids, bit of fun . . But now banned in many countries because the esrly formed "habit" may encourage kids to smoke real cigarettes later.  Such seemjngly harmless "hsbits", again at an early age before d7scretion and critical thinking are developed,, potentially transmute into more serious ones later.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_cigarette

Goes for many things, a sweet tooth is "learned" early and can lead to diabetes later.  If you know any child or learning psychologists send that gif to them and ask their opinion.

Not quite relevant because it deals with adolescent drinking . . But perhaps parental drinking hsbits, even "pseudo-boozing" with their kids, could be a factor.

https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/adolescentflyer/adolflyer.htm

We have similar problems over here.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74