News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Is God competent or incompetent?

Started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, December 08, 2017, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnostic Christian Bishop

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad.  A tree is known by its fruits.  What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

I give God a fail on competence for the following reasons.
God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.
God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.
God had to reboot creation with Noah's flood. Fail.
God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.
God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Dave

There is no god.

The question has no meaning.

There are only competent and incompetent humans, some of whom have a delusion about some sort of supernatural entity.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Gnostic Christian Bishop.
Why do you continue to ask stuff and when people answer, you give these answers?

QuoteA coherent question does not begin by asking for evidence from one whose evidence you do not believe or would ignore in the first place.

The small minded attitude here was toxic before I even posted word one.

I am not going to provide links to the reality of Gnostic Christianity for you to ignore.

...And...Yet...Here we are...Again, and again, and again.

Do you just love to hear yourself speak?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

AngelOfDeath

Maybe the question isn't whether God is incompetent?  I don't know that these questions can be answered?

Recusant

The god described in Christian mythology is much the same as gods in any other mythology--a crude caricature of a powerful human being. No human being is entirely good nor entirely evil, though almost all tend in one direction or another. The god of Christian mythology undoubtedly tends towards evil. However he suffers from dissociative identity disorder (formerly known as "multiple personality disorder") and one of his personalities is a narcissist who seems to mostly mean well.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on December 09, 2017, 03:48:56 AM
...The god of Christian mythology undoubtedly tends towards evil. However he suffers from dissociative identity disorder (formerly known as "multiple personality disorder") and one of his personalities is a narcissist who seems to mostly mean well.

This is a god?  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

AngelOfDeath

what would be the personality do you think?

Icarus

^ A used car salesman who makes deals with Goethes characters.

Dragonia

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 09, 2017, 05:15:26 AM
what would be the personality of Satan do you think?

Gnostic Christian Bishop.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

No one

I'll bite. For they sake of this argument, god exists. Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes, god is the most incompetent boob in existence.

Guardian85

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on December 08, 2017, 06:17:15 PM
First one must prove the existence, before one tries to prove the competence.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-