News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Proofs of God

Started by sweetto, December 07, 2017, 12:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetto

Best explanation about Allah(God) existence with evidences and proofs  https://youtu.be/xjPcG-LIN5I

Sent from my QMobile X35 using Tapatalk

Magdalena

Quote from: sweetto on December 07, 2017, 12:00:57 AM
Best explanation about Allah(God) existence with evidences and proofs

Hello, sweetto
Welcome.

Am I assuming correctly if I say that you're a religious person, in an atheist forum, trying to convince us that god exists? :eyebrow:

If I assumed correctly, why is it so important to you that we believe this? What do you get out of it?

~Just curious.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

I suppose Harry Potter is the best explanation for the existence of Hogwarts.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on December 07, 2017, 12:29:36 AM

Yes.
I suppose Puff, the magic dragon is the best explanation for the existence of a land called Honahlee.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: No one on December 07, 2017, 12:29:36 AM
Well! Of course he is, how could anyone ever doubt it?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Hoo boy.  All of these "proofs" and "evidences" have been dealt and refuted so many times.  Bottom line -- theists are guessing about everything, which is fine, but it's still guessing.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

sweetto

Quote from: Magdalena on December 07, 2017, 12:23:25 AM

Hello, sweetto
Welcome.

Am I assuming correctly if I say that you're a religious person, in an atheist forum, trying to convince us that god exists? :eyebrow:

If I assumed correctly, why is it so important to you that we believe this? What do you get out of it?

~Just curious.
Why we need to follow traffic laws ?
That's same we should follow the instructions of Allah which He wrote in Holly books like Qur'an and Bible

sweetto

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 07, 2017, 06:28:39 AM

Hoo boy.  All of these "proofs" and "evidences" have been dealt and refuted so many times.  Bottom line -- theists are guessing about everything, which is fine, but it's still guessing.
That's not just a guess
That is based of facts

Sandra Craft

Quote from: sweetto on December 07, 2017, 07:55:08 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 07, 2017, 06:28:39 AM

That's not just a guess
That is based of facts

Guesses are not facts just because people suffering from wishful thinking say they are.  They're still guesses.  Do you understand what is required for something to be evidence?  Or are you perhaps suggesting that the Harry Potter books are evidence that Hogwarts exists?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Oh dear, sweetto, looks like you are suffering from a very serious case of unsubstantiated belief. The "It is true because it says it is" syndrome is quite evident.

I suggest that you take a non-participatory  tour of the hospitals and aid stations of Syria and Yemen to see just what effect your "Allah" has on men, women and children. All sides kill and injure in his name, "Allah hu akbar!"

Yes, "akbar" at invoking and inspiring death and destruction.

Guardian85

Sweeto, what the bearded man in the dress (:snicker:)is espousing is called the First-Cause argument, or alternatively the Kalam Cosmological argument.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalam_cosmological_argument

It is so common an argument that we made a name for it. And it has been refuted over, and over, and over , and over, and over, and over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EVGkl7lj_4

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Thanks for that, G85. A good explanation, think I might fully underdtand it after the third or fourth viewing . . .

It did raise one side isdue in my mind though, but one thst rewuires a knowledge of ancient Greek and access to the first written bibles to check! Ftom mrmory it seems that a lot if the bible was mistranslated, fair chance that this was in favour of the pet beliefs of the monkish men who did thise translations. Then church Latin to see what the earliest theologians wrote, in thrir own words.

The word "cause" can also mean "purpose" as well as implying an underlying "creator". Thus if, "The Universe has a purpose" is substituted (OK! We believe that it does not!) it puts a slight slant on things. Doesn't change the argument but provides an interesting semantical side shoot. Translations and reiterations often bother me. (It is also why I am so cautious about how the media report things, one sloppy word usage can change the meaning of a sentence.)

Dragonia

What I get from this thread may be something a little different.
I think it's interesting that the video clip looks like it's from maybe a Muslim apologetics series. That's actually great! When people start making apologetics, it means that they are trying to get to Truth, they're trying to figure things out. It's a good first step. Obviously, most apologetics are preaching to the choir, just trying to back up what one believes.
But it means people are thinking, which is better than a religion that does not tolerate thoughts or questions. Its a step in the right direction.
Keep thinking, Sweetto! :thinking:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Davin

That's some pretty shitty evidence, and a fucking disrespectful representation of science. Before criticising science, they should understand what science is first.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 07, 2017, 10:55:59 AM
Sweeto, what the bearded man in the dress (:snicker:)is espousing is called the First-Cause argument, or alternatively the Kalam Cosmological argument.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalam_cosmological_argument

It is so common an argument that we made a name for it. And it has been refuted over, and over, and over , and over, and over, and over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EVGkl7lj_4

Excellent post Gman, and that's a good video so thanks for posting!

After this I really don't think much more needs to be said on this thread...god still doesn't exist, never did.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."