News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Judaism?

Started by SisterAgatha, September 25, 2017, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 02:20:34 PM
^ Oh for goodness sake that is not true!

Some bad people attacked Jews back then but that doesn't mean they are doing what Jesus wanted them to.

It does make me sad how our leaders and laypeople have treated Jews over the years.

I really hope that never happens again.

Just like the Islamists of today I bet they claimed they were killing the Jews in the "Lord's Name".  And since you would claim that Big G and JC are the same then your "saviour" is ewyally to blame. Of course, they were really trying to get rid of the debts they owed and the unwanted competition, oh, and probably to pay back for the Jews killing that nice Jewish chap all those centuries ago. Oh, what was his name?

If it happens again those Jews now have nuclear weapons.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

SisterAgatha

^ it is currently happening to the Palestinians thank you very much..

No God and JC were not OK with it, but they stood by and let it happen anyway.

Why they did so is anybody's guess..

Dave

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 03:10:31 PM
^ it is currently happening to the Palestinians thank you very much..

No God and JC were not OK with it, but they stood by and let it happen anyway.

It goes both ways there, both sides are as "bad" as the other. And their religiosity and nationalism is at the root of it and has been throughout history.

Magdalena

:lol:
I think it's funny how sometimes "you people" say, "the bible has all the answers," other times, "god works in mysterious ways," "you people" claim to even talk to god and he literally answers you. Why don't you ask him right now, let's see what he says...

...I'll wait...Go ahead...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on September 26, 2017, 04:15:58 PM

I think it's funny how sometimes "you people" say, "the bible has all the answers," other times, "god works in mysterious ways," "you people" claim to even talk to god and he literally answers you. Why don't you ask him right now, let's see what he says...

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

First, a little pointer on forum function for SisterAgatha. In responding to a post on a site like this the best practice is to quote the post to which you are responding. That way there is no confusion regarding who you're replying to, particularly if there have been posts from other members that follow the post you're answering. It's very easy to do. In the top right of each post you'll see a link that will allow you to quote the post in question with one click.

After you click the "Quote" button, you'll be at a "Post Reply" page with the post already quoted. That is, you'll see that it's enclosed in quote tags: [quote author=Recusant link=topic=. . .]What Recusant said.[/quote]

Just click below the last quote tag, write your response and post it. If the post seems too long (like this one, for instance  ;)) feel free to remove what you consider extraneous. As long as the part you're answering is within the quote tags, your responding post will have context that helps readers understand who you're talking to, and what you're talking about.

ETA: I see now that you've used the quote function elsewhere. Ah well, I hope you take the above in the spirit in which it was intended i.e. not condescending.

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 02:20:34 PM
Quote from: Recusant on September 26, 2017, 06:52:40 AM:doh: The Jews have the better part of two millennia's worth acquaintance with the Catholic church, SisterAgatha. As those years rolled by they were intermittently getting the crap kicked out of them, and this was incited and encouraged by the Catholic church.
^ Oh for goodness sake that is not true!

Some bad people attacked Jews back then but that doesn't mean they are doing what Jesus wanted them to.

I didn't say that "Jesus" incited and encouraged the persecution of Jews, SisterAgatha. I said the Catholic church did. Whether you want to acknowledge this or not, it's a historical fact. I can give you links to several sources that describe how the Catholic church preached against the Jews, but most of them are Jewish. Below is a quote from an article written by a Catholic priest:

QuoteThe theological anti-Judaism of the Church fathers, repeated endlessly in medieval and Renaissance-Reformation preaching, was the far greater culprit. It was the continuing rationale for the indefensible Christian conduct of the Middle Ages onward that was xenophobic and angry at Jewish resistance to absorption into the cultural mainstream. But because the Church's preaching and its catechizing had long shaped the popular mind, a new phenomenon was able to come to birth: modern anti-Semitism.

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 02:20:34 PMIt does make me sad how our leaders and laypeople have treated Jews over the years.

I really hope that never happens again.

On this we can agree.  :blue smiley:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Davin on September 26, 2017, 04:42:48 PM

I just did. He told me you should be a little less sassy and snarky and little more about to at least learning about Him, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Just say a little prayer to him... ;)

Dave

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 05:36:39 PM
Quote from: Davin on September 26, 2017, 04:42:48 PM

I just did. He told me you should be a little less sassy and snarky and little more about to at least learning about Him, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Just say a little prayer to him... ;)
Sister, A gata...  :smileshake:
Can you get that on tape? ...and post it. Please.  ;D

I don't communicate with invisible beings via...what's the word... :chin: magic smoke signals? Is that the correct word?

I am sassy and snarky, maybe he made me that way.

No one

He? Him? Why does this almighty creator of the universe have a tallywhacker?

Magdalena

Jesus...Learn about Him?

What I know about Jesus is that Mary Magdalene supported him financially, plus all those 12 weed smoking freeloaders that were always hanging out at her place.

Yep, the donkey he's riding on, she bought it.
The sandals he's wearing, she bought them.
The weed they're smoking, she bought it.
The fish he "multiplied" she caught it.
The bread he "multiplied" she baked it.
Is this accurate?

Also, I'm sure she's wondering why the fuck you guys didn't include The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene in the bible after all she did for him!  >:(

Davin

That's weird, when I talked to god, it said:

Quote from: god
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on September 26, 2017, 06:09:23 PM

Jesus...Learn about Him?

What I know about Jesus is that Mary Magdalene supported him financially, plus all those 12 weed smoking freeloaders that were always hanging out at her place.

Yep, the donkey he's riding on, she bought it.
The sandals he's wearing, she bought them.
The weed they're smoking, she bought it.
The fish he "multiplied" she caught it.
The bread he "multiplied" she baked it.
Is this accurate?

Also, I'm sure she's wondering why the fuck you guys didn't include The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene in the bible after all she did for him!  >:(

Some girl, that Mary!

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on September 26, 2017, 06:32:03 PM
Some girl, that Mary!
Yes.  :grin:
I guess she was practically the leader of the gang.  :shrug:
The only "real" one behind all that "magic."  ::)