News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Choice between a Curse or Death

Started by Hector Valdez, May 18, 2012, 04:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hector Valdez

So my mother asked me this question yesterday:

"If somebody held a gun to my temple, and demanded I curse my mother or be killed in a horrible fashion, would I curse out my mother?"

I immediately responded yes, and, well, the guilt trip floodgates suddenly popped.  :(

xSilverPhinx

What would your mother say about your choice?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Hector Valdez

You mean, my answer? Or if she was presented with the same question?

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 18, 2012, 04:02:24 AM
So my mother asked me this question yesterday:

"If somebody held a gun to my temple, and demanded I curse my mother or be killed in a horrible fashion, would I curse out my mother?"

I immediately responded yes, and, well, the guilt trip floodgates suddenly popped.  :(

The scenario is too extreme for me, perhaps if it was between cursing a loved one to receive a marshmallow or no marshmallow I might pause.  Nya, I'm sure my mother would want me too have that marshmallow and she never helped me develop my cursing power anyway.  I think that is a mother to daughter thing in our family but we rarely speak of it.

Stevil

I curse your mother to live a long, healthy, energetic and happy life, to be wealthy beyond her wildest dreams and to be generous to her children.
May she suffer the sight of happy, healthy and wealthy children.
May she endure the obligation of having to travel overseas for an endurable period each year, to explore exciting new places and to experience diverse cultures, exotic foods and euphoric moments of discovery.

There, that shall do it!

Hector Valdez

Well, she got really offended and sad. Then I asked her this question:

"If someone was holding a gun to my head, and they demanded that either I curse you or they would kill me, but you got to choose which action I took, what would you have me do?"

Stevil

Bullets are real, curses are make believe, which one would you rather be struck by?

OldGit

Sweetdeath

Seriously. What the fuck.
I'm sure my mom would want me to live.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

You need to work harder at giving your mom real things to be upset and disappointed about, so she won't have to go looking so hard for bizarre hypothetical scenarios to be upset and dissappointed about.  *nods solemnly*  ;D

Crow

When you say curse do you mean the mumbo jumbo stuff or calling her a naughty word.

Either way I would call her a bitch and damn her to hell. Its all a bunch of bollocks really.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on May 18, 2012, 05:26:27 PM
When you say curse do you mean the mumbo jumbo stuff or calling her a naughty word.

Either way I would call her a bitch and damn her to hell. Its all a bunch of bollocks really.

This!! ^
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

fester30

This is so not real life.  If someone is holding a gun to your head and forces you to make a choice, usually it's a choice between whether your spouse or your child dies.  I mean it's in the movies so it has to be true!