News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Joining the revolt

Started by harte.beest, May 13, 2012, 02:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 05:35:54 AMPhew!!! Just finished posting in all the threads you listed, tried reading some, but a few are very long. I did not post in the last one, because I wish to file a FORMAL PROTEST: You cannot have a discussion with those who do not listen. (hence the upcoming genocide)

A "FORMAL PROTEST," eh? Fine. In turn, I will offer you a piece of advice: Your continued mention of "killing" and "genocide" is not funny, and if you persist in it, you will find that your time here will become rather problematic. I suggest you find some other way to get your jollies.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 13, 2012, 05:55:47 AM
Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 05:35:54 AMPhew!!! Just finished posting in all the threads you listed, tried reading some, but a few are very long. I did not post in the last one, because I wish to file a FORMAL PROTEST: You cannot have a discussion with those who do not listen. (hence the upcoming genocide)

A "FORMAL PROTEST," eh? Fine. In turn, I will offer you a piece of advice: Your continued mention of "killing" and "genocide" is not funny, and if you persist in it, you will find that your time here will become rather problematic. I suggest you find some other way to get your jollies.
Endorsed.

Hopefully you'll get the feel of the forum relatively soon.

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

No killing or genocide, thank you.  However I do have this sneaky longing for slapstick protests, like filling the pope's hat with custard or putting whooppee cushions under a bishop's kneeler.  Personally, I would be happy if harte.beest would undertake this sort of mission.

Quote from: Flanders and SwannNor am I in the least like that dreadful heartebeeste....

En_Route

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 13, 2012, 03:22:13 AM
My troll senses are tingling.  ::)

Yes, but unless a troll, however flagrant and transparent,  says " I am a troll" then you musn't cast such dreadful aspersions on him/ her.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

kitty

Quote from: Amicale on May 13, 2012, 04:13:30 AM
Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 03:54:06 AM
Yes I'm kidding... of course I am.... ;).... killing innocent christian children c'mon who would do that ::)??

;) 57102 :-X

57102. I chose it for no reason other than it being the model number for the iRobot Roomba Robotic Vacuum. Those things are sweet.  :D

And I figured since you wanted to be in some kinda army, a robot army would be cool. ;) They can amass together AND clean your rug all at once!

i could really do with one of those to fight the battle of my toddlers! a robot/hoover army is the only way to keep my house clean lol.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

kitty

Quote from: OldGit on May 13, 2012, 09:54:20 AM
No killing or genocide, thank you.  However I do have this sneaky longing for slapstick protests, like filling the pope's hat with custard or putting whooppee cushions under a bishop's kneeler.  Personally, I would be happy if harte.beest would undertake this sort of mission.

Quote from: Flanders and SwannNor am I in the least like that dreadful heartebeeste....

agreed. there's enough killing and genocide, but one could never have enough slapstick!
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

You can start by reading everything you can that Carl Sagan wrote.

Your username brings up fond memories. Plains were full of hartebeests.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

McQ

Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 05:35:54 AM

Phew!!! Just finished posting in all the threads you listed, tried reading some, but a few are very long. I did not post in the last one, because I wish to file a FORMAL PROTEST: You cannot have a discussion with those who do not listen. (hence the upcoming genocide)

To clarify. You don't need to post in all those threads. And you don't need to try and get to ten posts by racking up junk posts. If you do, your count will be reset and or you will be issued a warning from the moderating staff.

I also don't find the humor in your posts so far, with regard to your talk of murder and genocide. Perhaps you would think about posting more appropriately.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

I don't understand the "protest".  ???
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

harte.beest

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 13, 2012, 02:28:59 PM
Welcome!

You can start by reading everything you can that Carl Sagan wrote.

Your username brings up fond memories. Plains were full of hartebeests.

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. it is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous. (So the old bamboozles tend to persist as the new bamboozles rise.) "

-Carl Sagan (The Fine Art of Baloney Detection)

Carl "The Saganist" Sagan :-X

harte.beest

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 14, 2012, 12:33:33 AM
The General has informed me, all further discussions are classified, we may continue via private message, unless the General says otherwise :-X :-X :-X

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: harte.beest on May 14, 2012, 01:42:35 AM
The General has informed me, all further discussions are classified, we may continue via private message, unless the General says otherwise :-X :-X :-X

Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to discuss anything. Besides genocide. And if that's what you're looking to chat about via PM, I think I'll just stick to this nice public forum, thanks.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Recusant

There is no rule against discussing serious subjects such as genocide in the appropriate sections of this forum. What has been discouraged is a fatuous attempt at "humor" using murder and/or genocide committed by atheists as its base.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Recusant on May 14, 2012, 02:09:28 AM
There is no rule against discussing serious subjects such as genocide in the appropriate sections of this forum. What has been discouraged is a fatuous attempt at "humor" using murder and/or genocide committed by atheists as its base.
Yes, that's what I meant, sorry.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: harte.beest on May 14, 2012, 01:42:35 AM

In the Atheist/Theist battle of ideas theists can use the aggressive angry approach of some atheists against us.

Look at those grumpy unhappy atheists.  We don't want to be like them do we my sheepy friends?  No, baaah, grumpy bad baaaah happy good baaaah.   Green=Pudding the theist shepherd mode.

I think it is the feeling of some here that we should avoid giving them such a weapon to use against us.
Others are repulsed by religion's ugly murderous past and reject associating us with such a thing, even in jest.