News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

The pharmacy won't refill my migraine meds and my doctor won't return my calls. It's been a week and I'm miserable
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on December 19, 2018, 05:10:09 PM
The pharmacy won't refill my migraine meds and my doctor won't return my calls. It's been a week and I'm miserable

That's not good and it's a very good reason to be grumpy!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Yeah I've been about useless all week. The worst part is that the meds are also prescribed as a treatment for depression and stopping those kinds of meds cold turkey is not good.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I hate "spring" cleaning. I would rather leave old forgotten things in the deepest darkest recesses of my house, collecting dust and being home to spiders.

Why must I "revive" these things? Why? ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

My lovely daughter has her faults, one of them being that she is a fully paid up member of the food police. After dinner at her place this evening I picked up a crisp while we were clearing away and she to,d me that fridge pickers wear big knickers.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 01, 2019, 07:25:35 PM
My lovely daughter has her faults, one of them being that she is a fully paid up member of the food police. After dinner at her place this evening I picked up a crisp while we were clearing away and she to,d me that fridge pickers wear big knickers.

:rofl:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 01, 2019, 07:25:35 PM

Sounds like Dorothy Parker.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Buddy

Was up all night with the sick boyfriend and the coffee machine at work broke.  :Gaah:

No one

Neighbors.
Rainy weather.
idiot drivers'
The airline industry.
Yellow lights that turn red.
Rap.
An itch you can't reach.
Shitty service.
Rap.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on January 03, 2019, 02:19:19 PM
Was up all night with the sick boyfriend and the coffee machine at work broke.  :Gaah:

Can't he be sick on his own?

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on January 03, 2019, 08:55:59 PM

Well, maybe this guy is different, but I've seen a lot of guys act like a little kid and have their female counterpart do all the work when they are sick.

Buddy

Not when he has man-flu. The deadliest of all diseases.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Buddy on January 03, 2019, 09:45:31 PM

Not when he has man-flu. The deadliest of all diseases.

On the few occasions I've been ill, Mr M gets it too. I never have anyone to look after me at those times.😢🤒
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

I broke one of my big toes this afternoon. Going up a step.... not a flight of stairs... a single step. Bent it over backwards when I slipped. I'll be wearing my boots to bed from now on. If I had been wearing more than socks I would've been fine.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

That sucks! I've had a broken toe, and it throbbed for what seemed like forever.