News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Israel/Iranian War.

Started by ThinkAnarchy, March 31, 2012, 12:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I think we're dragging this metaphor a little too far.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 09:15:58 AM
I think we're dragging this metaphor a little too far.
Well, it wasn't a terribly good metaphor, so we tried to sort of... Improve it.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Firebird on April 08, 2012, 02:39:54 AM
Frankly, nothing would help the Iranians more than Israel bombing them. They have less sympathy from other countries in the middle east due to their intransigence and the sanctions are hurting them, not to mention the schism between Ahmadinejhad (sic) and Khamenei. But bomb them, and now they all have a common enemy to unite against.
Most of the rest of the Muslim Middle East fears and dislikes Iran so might not oppose a military strike against them. I remember when wikileaks revealed secret memos from many Middle Eastern countries urging the US to attack Iran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-saudis-iran

Plus Iran are mainly Shi'ites and the majority of the Middle East are Sunni. Many Sunni don't like Shi'ites, often just viewing them as heretics.

Firebird

Quote from: Too Few Lions on April 11, 2012, 05:05:12 PM
Quote from: Firebird on April 08, 2012, 02:39:54 AM
Frankly, nothing would help the Iranians more than Israel bombing them. They have less sympathy from other countries in the middle east due to their intransigence and the sanctions are hurting them, not to mention the schism between Ahmadinejhad (sic) and Khamenei. But bomb them, and now they all have a common enemy to unite against.
Most of the rest of the Muslim Middle East fears and dislikes Iran so might not oppose a military strike against them. I remember when wikileaks revealed secret memos from many Middle Eastern countries urging the US to attack Iran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-saudis-iran

Plus Iran are mainly Shi'ites and the majority of the Middle East are Sunni. Many Sunni don't like Shi'ites, often just viewing them as heretics.

Yes, very true. I hate how these countries are too scared to go after Iran themselves, so they try to goad us into doing their dirty work for them.
From a purely strategic perspective, the invasion of Iraq was a disaster in many ways, because it removed an effective counter-balance to Iran in the region. Don't get me started on the humanitarian perspective.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"