News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 05, 2016, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 04, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
House of Cards Season 4.....Finally it's back!

I love House of Cards! I've only watched about half the first season though. I've go to get busy watching it again...

There aren't many shows I get excited about but I have been waiting for this new season.  I love that Netflix releases them all at once too, so no waiting a week for a new one!

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 05, 2016, 02:22:15 PM
There aren't many shows I get excited about but I have been waiting for this new season.  I love that Netflix releases them all at once too, so no waiting a week for a new one!

Best thing ever (relating to TV). I hate watching programs at set times and having to wait for the next especially if it is slow paced like House of Cards. If networks want the ad revenue then just do what 4OD does but give us the freedom of modernity and keep the standard broadcasting for those that are still in the dark ages.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 05, 2016, 02:22:15 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 05, 2016, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 04, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
House of Cards Season 4.....Finally it's back!

I love House of Cards! I've only watched about half the first season though. I've go to get busy watching it again...

A binge watcher's dream. :grin: I don't have Netflix unfortunatley, but binge watching them all online is just as good I'd imagine. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I'm finally watching Firefly for the first time ever.

To further destroy my nerd cred, I'm going to commit the ultimate heresy and say I totally get why this show was cancelled. Not that I'm not enjoying it. But the concept of post-civil war Wild West outlaws in space with hot chicks isn't enough to sustain a show on it's own. There is no actual plot.

xSilverPhinx

I've been binge watching bad American Idol and X Factor auditions. I don't know why I like that stuff so much, it's such a major waste of time and doesn't add anything to my life. Still can't get enough though.  ::)

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 18, 2016, 09:52:46 PM
I've been binge watching bad American Idol and X Factor auditions. I don't know why I like that stuff so much, it's such a major waste of time and doesn't add anything to my life. Still can't get enough though.  ::)

In Germany we called it Schadenfreude, which is pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune  ;).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on March 19, 2016, 10:36:47 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 18, 2016, 09:52:46 PM

In Germany we called it Schadenfreude, which is pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune  ;).

That's such a cool word, I've incorporated it into my vocabulary. :grin:

Human nature is a funny thing, how else would programs/films such as 'Jackass' be so popular? :watching:

Pasta Chick

I just finished season 5 of GoT.

Tank

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 19, 2016, 03:33:28 PM
I've just finished the first 2 episodes.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Tank on March 19, 2016, 03:44:39 PM

It helped quite a bit that Walmart put it on the shelves at least 4 days prior to it actually being released. So I've been watching since last Friday. Which, seriously, I get that Walmart doesn't always hire the creme of the crop and there is some serious worker apathy there, but the release dates are stickered on the front of every individual package.

I was in the store texting BF like "hey... The X box one plays Blu Ray, right? Because that's the only one left and I don't want to bring anyone's attention to this by asking for DVD..."

xSilverPhinx

:watching:

How is that even possible? I watched the first season almost in one sitting!

:P

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2016, 04:30:39 PM

Well I watched the last 2 episodes of series 4. Then watched the qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix. Then watched 1 &2 of series 5. I may watch the rest tomorrow but may not as I feel crap at the moment with a sinking cold which I hope won't turn out to be flu.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 19, 2016, 05:07:44 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2016, 04:30:39 PM

Well I watched the last 2 episodes of series 4. Then watched the qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix. Then watched 1 &2 of series 5. I may watch the rest tomorrow but may not as I feel crap at the moment with a sinking cold which I hope won't turn out to be flu.

I'm going to channel OG here: whiskey and lemons...whiskey and lemons...

Firebird

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 06, 2016, 12:47:54 AM

To further destroy my nerd cred, I'm going to commit the ultimate heresy and say I totally get why this show was cancelled. Not that I'm not enjoying it. But the concept of post-civil war Wild West outlaws in space with hot chicks isn't enough to sustain a show on it's own. There is no actual plot.

How many episodes in are you? There's an overarching storyline with River (Summer Glau's character) that is quite good, IMO. I will say that we watched the pilot, weren't impressed, and didn't try again for a couple of years, but on the second attempt we got hooked.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on March 20, 2016, 02:57:13 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 06, 2016, 12:47:54 AM

How many episodes in are you? There's an overarching storyline with River (Summer Glau's character) that is quite good, IMO. I will say that we watched the pilot, weren't impressed, and didn't try again for a couple of years, but on the second attempt we got hooked.

I had a hard time getting into it at first too, because I generally dislike mixed genres, but then I caught the episode "Shindig" and was hooked.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany