News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Post a screen shot of your Desktop

Started by DeterminedJuliet, February 19, 2012, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on April 16, 2018, 10:11:43 PM
Wow!  :tellmemore:
Where is this place?
Oregon, just outside of Portland: Punch Bowl Falls, Eagle Creek Trail.

...It is a pretty cool place.   Got to thinking about other cool places and subsequently changed my background image to Fern Canyon, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.    ;D
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Davin

This is my current background at work.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Davin on April 17, 2018, 02:43:38 PM
This is my current background at work.

There goes the Golden Gate, shrouded in mist again.   Mark Twain must have hung out near the Presidio/Pacific Heights...    He might have had a different experience in The Mission.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Magdalena

^^^
Oregon, California, Washington State...The Pacific Coast...Beautiful.

xSilverPhinx

My new desktop wallpaper. A screenshot it boring, check out the video! :grin:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

This is after Firefox crashed and burned. I'll eventually get that icon off the desktop as well.  :snicker1:

xSilverPhinx

^ Well hey, black is the new black I guess! :grin: :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

I'd like to be able to hide the trash can, too! Having the screen black is a little way to reduce my carbon footprint, instead of lighting it up.  ::)

Buddy

Quote from: Buddy on February 26, 2012, 08:30:47 PM
I tend to go for a simple background. Usually a dark colour.

I just want to point this out, because not much has changed in seven years

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Heh, my wife's desktop pretty much has a link to every document she has on her computer. It's a complete mess. I like it minimal, and just rely on memory for looking through the menu. The buttons on the bottom in the tray just happen to be stuff I was currently using. Back when I worked as a systems engineer and programmer using FORTRAN, I made up acronyms as shortcuts that I made aliases for in my login.com file (AKA "tokens" in DOS). I could type in 3.4RXXX and get right to the directory that I was using. The XXX held other information that isn't pertinent here. I had a login.com file that was pages long, and could remember all of the aliases. In fact, the 3.4XXX was typed from memory just now, though the XXX part is beyond the scope of this posting, as there were several variables in those letters.

/nerd