News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 18, 2019, 06:56:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 16, 2019, 07:37:27 PM
Trying to get some people hyped up for an international neuroscience/psychology congress in my hometown. If we get a group of 30 people together we all get a 30% discount.

I would go by myself but it's so damn expensive. The university only partially covers the costs.  :-\

Looks like it's gonna happen!  :heyhey:

I didn't get 30 people on board with the idea but I saw that airline tickets are really cheap for June (which they usually aren't).

I found a cheap and well-situated studio apartment too!

Excellent!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Trying to get some people hyped up for an international neuroscience/psychology congress in my hometown. If we get a group of 30 people together we all get a 30% discount.

I would go by myself but it's so damn expensive. The university only partially covers the costs.  :-\

I didn't get 30 people on board with the idea but I saw that airline tickets are really cheap for June (which they usually aren't).

Hurray!  I'd like to see pictures, please.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 18, 2019, 08:56:48 PM

Hurray!  I'd like to see pictures, please.

Ok! I won't be sight-seeing much I'm afraid, I've already bought the plane tickets and will be staying there just long enough for the conference. A bunch of scientists pumping themselves with coffee is basically all I'll be seeing. :lol: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'm signed up for a Krav Maga class on Monday night. Hopefully I can take the abuse.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 19, 2019, 09:23:57 PM
I'm signed up for a Krav Maga class on Monday night. Hopefully I can take the abuse.
Don't kick anybody!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Whoa, impressive!
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2019, 05:40:32 PM

Ok! I won't be sight-seeing much I'm afraid, I've already bought the plane tickets and will be staying there just long enough for the conference. A bunch of scientists pumping themselves with coffee is basically all I'll be seeing. :lol:

Pictures of scientists guzzling coffee are acceptable, as are pics of the well situated apartment.
Sandy

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on January 19, 2019, 10:20:14 PM
Don't kick anybody!

The instructor said I'd be barefoot or in socks. Not sure they'd let me in barefoot because that left big toe is jacked up. The break isn't that bad but I lost the nail a few weeks ago. Still not sure why that happened.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 19, 2019, 10:52:41 PM

Whoa, impressive!

Eh, it's just a class. I'm sure I'll be sore and embarrassed by the time it's over, but that's life.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on January 20, 2019, 01:54:53 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 19, 2019, 10:20:14 PM
Don't kick anybody!

The instructor said I'd be barefoot or in socks. Not sure they'd let me in barefoot because that left big toe is jacked up. The break isn't that bad but I lost the nail a few weeks ago. Still not sure why that happened.
It's common to loose a nail on a toe injury. I've done it on a stubbed toe.

xSilverPhinx

8)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 19, 2019, 10:54:06 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2019, 05:40:32 PM

Pictures of scientists guzzling coffee are acceptable, as are pics of the well situated apartment.

Ok. ;D

Sandra Craft

Bran muffins made without raisins are an abomination.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 20, 2019, 10:04:02 AM

Heh, I don't know. I think little raisins contaminate any and everything they touch.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 20, 2019, 10:18:10 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 20, 2019, 10:04:02 AM

Heh, I don't know. I think little raisins contaminate any and everything they touch.

Another one!  A friend of mine calls flies "sky raisins" and still I put raisins in every damn thing.
Sandy