News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 24, 2016, 05:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

In France, for instance, you get a Propane/Butane mixture which varies from summer to winter.  There's a lot more energy in Butane but it doesn't vaporise at low temperatures, so they put the Propane in for pressure.  In the UK the measly buggers give you 100% Propane all year round.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on June 24, 2016, 06:03:48 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 24, 2016, 03:55:36 PM
Interesting times we live in. :popcorn:

Isn't that a Chinese curse?

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  :query:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 24, 2016, 08:41:58 PM

"May you live in interesting times" is rumored to be an ancient Chinese curse

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on June 24, 2016, 08:50:35 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 24, 2016, 08:41:58 PM

"May you live in interesting times" is rumored to be an ancient Chinese curse

Hmm.  :chin:

Maybe the world is going through a cursed moment, I don't know. So much crap seems to be happening. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Meanwhile back at the ranch.................. There is a nut group in Texas called Texas Nationalist Movement. They claim to be the largest group in the state or maybe the nation. They are inspired by the result of Brexit and they are endorsing the idea of Texit. That is to say that they want to secede to become a sovereign nation.  Apparently they are dead serious about this.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on June 24, 2016, 09:46:51 PM
Meanwhile back at the ranch.................. There is a nut group in Texas called Texas Nationalist Movement. They claim to be the largest group in the state or maybe the nation. They are inspired by the result of Brexit and they are endorsing the idea of Texit. That is to say that they want to secede to become a sovereign nation.  Apparently they are dead serious about this.

This has been going on for awhile.  Won't happen.  Although our economy is as big as Brazil's and we have more guns than the rest of the world combined, it seems. We could probably survive.  About half the USA would be happy to see us go.  But it ain't gonna happen.  If Texas tried to secede, President Obama would order the two divisions at Fort Hood to occupy the capitol in Austin and that would be the end of it. 

Firebird

The latest New Yorker cover:

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

Well, you Brits have done it now.  The value of my retirement fund has taken a dive.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 25, 2016, 06:08:54 AM
Well, you Brits have done it now.  The value of my retirement fund has taken a dive.
It'll come back have no fear.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

This made me laugh! We spend a couple of centuries acting in a way that makes Mormons and JWs look shy and retiring and then this!

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Also, you can complain about immigrants after having colonised half the world.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Tank

QuoteBREXIT will be followed by Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Fruckoff. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovakout. Latervia. Byegium.

Credit : Imtiaz Mahmood.

Tank

Well Rupert Murdoch got his wish.

Tank