News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The monster that is Amazon

Started by Dave, February 05, 2017, 02:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Davin on February 08, 2017, 01:44:03 PM
As long as it's regulated to prevent people using capitalism to grow big enough to destroy it.

Hence we get companies, especially banks, who are, "Too big to be allowed to fail." Therefore even more of our money was used to bolster banks that had patently got into trouble due to their own greed, criminality and incompetence during the 2008 crisis.

They still suffer that syndrome and the tax payer and mortgage holder stills sports the scars

Perhaps the rules on monopolies and forced break-ups should be strengthened. But that will not happen in Trump's America, rather the reverse I fear.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Quote from: Gloucester on February 08, 2017, 02:20:11 PM
Quote from: Davin on February 08, 2017, 01:44:03 PM
As long as it's regulated to prevent people using capitalism to grow big enough to destroy it.

Hence we get companies, especially banks, who are, "Too big to be allowed to fail." Therefore even more of our money was used to bolster banks that had patently got into trouble due to their own greed, criminality and incompetence during the 2008 crisis.

They still suffer that syndrome and the tax payer and mortgage holder stills sports the scars

Perhaps the rules on monopolies and forced break-ups should be strengthened. But that will not happen in Trump's America, rather the reverse I fear.
It has been a Republican staple to support corporations and to turn against the population. It's not 100% them, and there are some Democrats that have done the same, but the great majority of those politicians are Republicans.

So as long as Republicans have the majority, you can bet that they will baby corporations by giving them handouts, and they will hurt the general US population to do so.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Higher corporate taxes would offset some of the inequity, if the taxes would be used for infrastructure and education, not war, welfare and walls.  Let us em make all the money they want, then tax them at a higher rate.  Low rates for the large companies equals corporate welfare.

Davin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 08, 2017, 05:33:49 PM
Higher corporate taxes would offset some of the inequity, if the taxes would be used for infrastructure and education, not war, welfare and walls.  Let us em make all the money they want, then tax them at a higher rate.  Low rates for the large companies equals corporate welfare.
Or at least equivalent tax rates. The government takes about 35% of my paycheck and I still end up owing some on tax day. I don't mind that in itself, but what I do mind, is when I see people and corporations making more money than I do while paying a significantly lower tax rate, sometimes resulting in them paying no taxes at all like with GE for a few years. And to top it off, those people paying a smaller percentage of their income, are complaining about having to pay taxes.

It's tough not to liken them to toddlers throwing their little irrational fits about what's fair.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Obama's plan was to close tax loops. Then after that I assumed he was going to raise taxes on the wealthy and on corporations. Just a pipe dream now.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

At least until people finally get tired of all the financial insecurity and finally look to the real causes of it... hopefully.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on February 08, 2017, 07:36:15 PM
At least until people finally get tired of all the financial insecurity and finally look to the real causes of it... hopefully.

They won't, they will just swing further to the right and blame corporations because the right will promise them money like Trump did and all the right wing's did before him. Even though the right are the ones fucking it up for them and letting the corporations get rich.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱