News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Imsomniacal mental meanderings

Started by Dave, December 13, 2016, 03:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Medsage Deleted
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on June 13, 2017, 06:54:03 PM
Medsage Deleted

Ah, reference to The Matrix? "Neo typing", capital "N" might have given me a clue!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on June 13, 2017, 07:57:42 PM
Medsage Deleted

Ah, reference to The Matrix? "Neo typing", capital "N" might have given me a clue!

Yeah that was my bad. I was typing on my phone and didn't think about capitalizing proper nouns.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on June 13, 2017, 08:03:54 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 13, 2017, 07:57:42 PM
Medsage Deleted

Yeah that was my bad. I was typing on my phone and didn't think about capitalizing proper nouns.

And looks like my random typos hit the wrong quote button!

Duh!

Sandra Craft

Didn't sleep the night before and didn't sleep last night either.  I've napped a couple times during the day, but all in all I don't think I've gotten more than 4 hours sleep in the last 48.  It happens sometimes, I'll probably sleep like the dead tonight.

I have made some headway on the latest embroidery project, and I have watched:

The Accountant.  Twice, because I didn't understand it the first time and thought a re-watch would help.  It didn't.  Nice action tho.

Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children.  Samuel L. Jackson was funny.  Otherwise it was good I had some sewing to distract me or I would have changed the channel.

The Big Lebowski.  Yes, this is the first time I've seen this one and now I understand why my brother loves it so much.  Tho personally I don't think a middle-aged stoned slacker deserves to have hair that great.

Genius, the NatGeo miniseries about Einstein.  I binge-watched episodes 1,3,4,5 and 6 OnDemand (no ep. 2 for some reason).  Really enjoying this warts and all look at Einstein's life, and I think I'll enjoy it even more when they get to his old age and Geoffrey Rush takes over the role.

Forged in Fire, a History channel contest show about making bladed weapons.  Who knows what episode I saw, I just picked one OnDemand at random.  I think one of the blacksmiths was an Odin-worshiper, from the way he was dressed.  He didn't win tho, which pleased me because he might have been alt-right.  A lot of them go in for Asatru, I hear.  I'm probably being petty about that.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Pre-insomniacal meander:

"Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children" ordered.

:grin:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on June 13, 2017, 10:17:25 PM
Pre-insomniacal meander:

"Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children" ordered.

:grin:

Damn, I should have tried that.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 13, 2017, 09:57:53 PM
The Accountant.  Twice, because I didn't understand it the first time and thought a re-watch would help.  It didn't.  Nice action tho.

Maybe I didn't get it either, but I thought this was rather boring.

QuoteMiss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children.  Samuel L. Jackson was funny.  Otherwise it was good I had some sewing to distract me or I would have changed the channel.

Meh.

QuoteThe Big Lebowski.  Yes, this is the first time I've seen this one and now I understand why my brother loves it so much.  Tho personally I don't think a middle-aged stoned slacker deserves to have hair that great.

Haven't watched this yet.

QuoteGenius, the NatGeo miniseries about Einstein.  I binge-watched episodes 1,3,4,5 and 6 OnDemand (no ep. 2 for some reason).  Really enjoying this warts and all look at Einstein's life, and I think I'll enjoy it even more when they get to his old age and Geoffrey Rush takes over the role.

I really want to watch this! Maybe something to do before the next Game Of Thrones Season comes out in July. :smilenod:

QuoteForged in Fire, a History channel contest show about making bladed weapons.  Who knows what episode I saw, I just picked one OnDemand at random.  I think one of the blacksmiths was an Odin-worshiper, from the way he was dressed.  He didn't win tho, which pleased me because he might have been alt-right.  A lot of them go in for Asatru, I hear.  I'm probably being petty about that.

Looks interesting, as most contests are.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 13, 2017, 10:48:15 PM

Huge holes in the plot, but I did enjoy the rescue of the farm couple scene.  Someone described it as "John Vick Hunting", and even tho I've never seen "John Vick" I thought that was a good way of describing "The Accountant". 
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 14, 2017, 01:21:18 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 13, 2017, 10:48:15 PM

Huge holes in the plot, but I did enjoy the rescue of the farm couple scene.  Someone described it as "John Vick Hunting", and even tho I've never seen "John Vick" I thought that was a good way of describing "The Accountant".

Did you mean "John Wick", with Keanu Reeves? :notsure: I googled "John Vick" and it's apparently the name of a movie actor.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 14, 2017, 11:41:49 PM

Did you mean "John Wick", with Keanu Reeves? :notsure: I googled "John Vick" and it's apparently the name of a movie actor.

Keanu Reeves was in it, so Wick sounds right.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

I took a nap this afternoon to make up for the 5 hours I got at night (around 8 hours is ideal for me, I feel), but my brain is feeling mushier than usual.

I feel like :blahblah: till the sun rises.

xSilverPhinx

Forged in Fire, a History channel contest show about making bladed weapons.  Who knows what episode I saw, I just picked one OnDemand at random.  I think one of the blacksmiths was an Odin-worshiper, from the way he was dressed.  He didn't win tho, which pleased me because he might have been alt-right.  A lot of them go in for Asatru, I hear.  I'm probably being petty about that.

I've started watching this and for some reason I really got into it. Well, in reality t's not much of a mystery, I absolutely love contest shows, but didn't expect to watch 7 episodes of this so far.

Anyone watch The Amazing Race? It's a show where contestants race around the world. I think most seasons are available on Youtube. 

Dave

Another sleepness night, so far - it's just after 3am.

The more active I am, physically or mentally, during the day the harder I find it to sleep. Just can't turn my brain off, keep thinking up improvements or additions to the day's projects. Ended up ordering bolts and stuff from Amazon, recording voice notes on my phone . . .

Tomorrow I will be too knackered to do anything!

Dave

Now 4.30am and I am drinking hot chocolate and listening to the news fron Venezuala about a copper using a chopper to attack the Supreme Court.