News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Was just reminiscing about this place today...

Started by Claireliontamer, June 13, 2019, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Hello,

Was just talking to someone very randomly about this place today and reminiscing.  I'm amazed to see it is all still here, the threads are even the same!!

So couldn't resist popping in to say hello to you all.

Hope everyone is well.   :hug2:

Davin

Some renovations, but otherwise everything is mostly intact.

Welcome back.  ;D

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Claireliontamer

Thanks Davin,

In all honesty I doubt I'm "back", time is limited with work and life etc.  I tend to spend more time on discord when I do get online these days.  I just was talking to someone about the evolution of the internet, MSN messenger etc which made me think about all the places I had been a member on.  I didn't know if this place was still around.

No one

Please tell me you at least brought the tacos.

xSilverPhinx

Hello Claire!  :computerwave:

Whether you're back or not it's always nice to see people pop in and post again. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Hello Claire!
It's nice to hear from you again.  :hug:

Yes, we're still here.  :grin:
AND the threads are even the same!!  :grin:

The ones you started are still popular: The future of the forum, (my favorite  ;) ), What are you watching? Etc.

It would be nice if you came back, you know, with new topics. ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Hi CLT.  I/We have missed your often intellectual posts. 

Your lion kitten must be approaching teen age by now.

Here is wishing the best for you both.

Claireliontamer

Hello, good to see you all still here.

Icarus - yes she is 10 now, so in second to last year before going to high school.  She is doing very well in school, keeps winning awards and stuff but more than that I'm very proud of her caring ways.  She's a real little gem.   

Magdelena - I'm not sure I can think of any new topics to beat those ones, I fear I peaked back then! 

I guess the biggest news which will shock you lot is that I'm not *that* atheist anymore.  I did even try to go to church a couple of times, that.....didn't last as I saw the BS.  But I'm definitely more towards the mysticism along the lines of esotericism and neoplatonism type principles.  More from an academic interest POV than practising anything too insane.  So I haven't gone too bat shit crazy, more along the lines of there are things we can't quite explain.....

No one

Icarus

Claire, Esotericism yes. My past assessment of you is that you were  an intellectually advanced individual.  Neoplatonism.......Hmmmm...... is that something associated with a combinations of the pronouncements of Plotinus of the third century mixed with some oriental philosophies?

You have, in my perception, been a fascinating woman.  If I were but 50 years younger I might pursue you.............Please, that is intended as a compliment not at all the maunderings of a crazy old man.

No one

Magdalena

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 13, 2019, 09:58:46 PM

Icarus - yes she is 10 now, so in second to last year before going to high school.  She is doing very well in school, keeps winning awards and stuff but more than that I'm very proud of her caring ways.  She's a real little gem.   

Magdelena - I'm not sure I can think of any new topics to beat those ones, I fear I peaked back then! 

I guess the biggest news which will shock you lot is that I'm not *that* atheist anymore.  I did even try to go to church a couple of times, that.....didn't last as I saw the BS.  But I'm definitely more towards the mysticism along the lines of esotericism and neoplatonism type principles.  More from an academic interest POV than practising anything too insane.  So I haven't gone too bat shit crazy, more along the lines of there are things we can't quite explain.....
Would you like to have some tea and tell us about mysticism along the lines of esotericism and neoplatonism type principles?

From an academic interest POV, of course.
If you're busy, I understand. ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on June 14, 2019, 05:35:59 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 13, 2019, 09:58:46 PM

Would you like to have some tea and tell us about mysticism along the lines of esotericism and neoplatonism type principles?

From an academic interest POV, of course.
If you're busy, I understand. ;)

That might be interesting but I think there's a more urgent issue that needs settling, it needs its own thread though.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bluenose

Hi CLT!  Great to see you around, if only for a short while!  I often think about that day we walked down to the foreshore for some fish and chips, it was fabulous!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett