News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Bones in Bulgaria may be of John the Baptist

Started by Tank, June 17, 2012, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 18, 2012, 05:21:45 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 18, 2012, 03:10:50 AM
This claim is bullshit, I know because I have John's skull and I use it as a candle holder while performing my darkest rites.  I got it off Ebay and it came with a certificate and everything.

This can't be, I got the geniune skull with the certificate and everything! They assured me that it was genuine...and I have the certificate to prove it.

Ha, they saw you coming.

OldGit

Was there by any chance a serial number on your skulls and certificates?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on June 18, 2012, 09:34:43 AM
Was there by any chance a serial number on your skulls and certificates?

There's no serial number, not that I can see at least. There are some markings that read 'Made in China', however. Could it mean anything? ???
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DeterminedJuliet

The only fair thing to do to make custody arrangements for the skull. Puddin', you can have the skull Monday-Fridays and SP, you get it on the weekends. And no fighting in front of the skull, you must think of its best interests.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

^^^ "And no fighting in front of the skull...." Bahahahahahaha

I'm happy to know what happened to John's skull.  I have his left hand and part of his left arm.  Makes a lovely back scratcher.

Stevil

You guys are missing the point.
It's John's right hand that is special.
If you use it to push people under water then miraculously they end up wet.
Would be very useful for pet owners that are having trouble bathing their cats.

Firebird

Well, I just used the john and baptised it when I flushed. Can I sell that on ebay now?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 18, 2012, 02:23:09 PM
Could it mean anything? ???
Are there bullet holes? Because that would just indicate the cleverness of the Chinese prison system when it comes to raising coin.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Pft, I have his ribcage. That way I can both scar and contain the little monsters that I babysit.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Quote from: StevilYou guys are missing the point.
It's John's right hand that is special.
If you use it to push people under water then miraculously they end up wet.
Would be very useful for pet owners that are having trouble bathing their cats.

markmcdaniel

I have his legs. They were cheaper than new prosthetics. However, I seem to be having trouble using them to walk. JtB seems to have walked with a decided list to port. Now that I look at them I can see that they are both left legs JtB had two left legs right. I know that they are genuine the markings on the legs says that they are. The markings say Genuine Religious Relic Product Of The Middle East. 
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Stevil

Quote from: markmcdaniel on June 19, 2012, 01:51:32 AM
Now that I look at them I can see that they are both left legs 
I'm not surprised, he isn't famous for his dancing, thus two left legs is just more substantial evidence that it MUST be him.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on June 18, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 18, 2012, 02:23:09 PM
Could it mean anything? ???
Are there bullet holes? Because that would just indicate the cleverness of the Chinese prison system when it comes to raising coin.  :D

There are, but they assured me that that's where his soul left the body after he died. It's what I believe, so of course it's true.

I have something that looks like a finger or it could be a mummified turd (difficult to tell the difference, especially in such an old specimen)...don't want it though, don't know where it's been. ???

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on June 18, 2012, 06:29:04 PM
Well, I just used the john and baptised it when I flushed. Can I sell that on ebay now?

Go for it!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 19, 2012, 02:17:50 AM
Quote from: Firebird on June 18, 2012, 06:29:04 PM

Go for it!

*Eyes the finger-ish relic warily.*