News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Photography

Started by afreethinker30, June 20, 2008, 04:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

I've been trying my hand at it lately.Nothing special but it does make some pretty wallpaper.

Jane

I like the red/black flower negative.

I also like how the first one makes your puppy look like a gremlin  :)

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Jane"I like the red/black flower negative.

I also like how the first one makes your puppy look like a gremlin  :devil:

McQ

Well, your photos do show creativity. That is really nice to see. And yeah, the first picture looks like Gizmo, the Gremlin! Cute.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

afreethinker30

Quote from: "McQ"Well, your photos do show creativity. That is really nice to see. And yeah, the first picture looks like Gizmo, the Gremlin! Cute.

Thank you.I know I will never be great at it.But it's something I really enjoy,so that's all that matters.

McQ

Quote from: "afreethinker30"
Quote from: "McQ"Well, your photos do show creativity. That is really nice to see. And yeah, the first picture looks like Gizmo, the Gremlin! Cute.

Thank you.I know I will never be great at it.But it's something I really enjoy,so that's all that matters.

I can relate to the pure enjoyment of photography, and totally agree that as long as you get something out of it, then you are right where you need to be. I love going back and looking at old pictures I've taken (and some recent ones) and just appreciating the moment of the photo.

We do have a thread started for art, poetry, etc., so please keep them coming! Share your stuff if you want to. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=952
--Penn Jillette

Tank

My hobby!

Let's get some pictures up!

Hoverfly in a sunbeam.

Sony A200 + Minolta 100mm f2.8 1:1 Macro
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Glasswing Butterfly

Sony A200 + Sony 30mm f2.8 1:1 Macro
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Beautiful!
Thank you! I do love insect photography. I do a lot of macro stuff as I get to see what one would not normally see with the unaided eye.

Sony A200 + Sony 30mm f2.8 1:1 Macro

Tank

Sony A200 Sigma 75-300mm f4.6-6.3 APO 1:2 Macro

McQ

Nice, Tank. What equipment are you using?
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: "McQ"Nice, Tank. What equipment are you using?
My film based kit was Minolta. Sony took up the Minolta lens mount so my first digital was a Sony A100, it died (but I had it repaired) so I bought an A200 (10MP, APSc size sensor). The bodies both have anti-shake built in, which is really good!

Lenses
    Sony 18-70mm f3.5-5.6
    Minolta 28mm f2.8
    Sony 30mm f2.8 1:1 Macro
    Minolta 50mm f1.4
    Sigma 75-300mm f4.6-6.3 APO 1:2 Macro
    Minolta 100mm f2.8 1:1 Macro
    Sigma 180mm f3.5 1:1 Macro

As you can see I like Macro lenses

Tank

On Holiday in Cypress 2009

McQ

That's quite a list of lenses! Nice. It's smart to invest in good glass. But you should probably get a macro lens too.  ;)
--Penn Jillette