News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Today was an exceptionally productive day! :grin: I didn't procrastinate...too much.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 07, 2018, 07:38:01 PM
Today was an exceptionally productive day! :grin: I didn't procrastinate...too much.

Maybe you should see a doctor? That isn't like you at all...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 07, 2018, 09:36:59 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 07, 2018, 07:38:01 PM

Maybe you should see a doctor? That isn't like you at all...

I know right? :notsure: Maybe I'm coming down with something...

Dave

The dive of 1.5+kg in my weight over the last three weeks or do seems to be flattening out. Appetite still not exactly brilliant but compensating with high-grade protein, veg/fruit and reasonably fibrous bread. No pasta or spuds.

Levelling out under 62kg. Weight range for my shortness is 42 - 64kg, previous weekly averages around 63.3kg.

For some reason, though I go for strong flavours mostly,  I am right off the chillis and spices I ate almost daily before.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Last night during a bout of insomnia, I decided to investigate the rumors that you could add the Google Play Store to an Amazon Fire tablet. Since I only paid $40 (US) for it, I didn't have much to lose if it got bricked. I bought it on a whim and discovered that it was so Amazon-centric as to be almost useless for anything not directly connected to Amazon.

So after a bit of research, it turns out that you can add the Google Play Store to an Amazon Fire tablet. No hacking or jail-breaking required. All it requires is downloading and installing four files and ta-da, within minutes, you have access to the Google Play Store! So, I've turned a device whose main purpose was to get me to consume Amazon media into a useful, inexpensive tablet with access to all my favorite apps. Plus, having a 7-inch screen, it is both easy to carry around (unlike my 10 times more expensive 10-inch tablet) and easy to read the screen (unlike my 5-inch cell phone screen).
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

My mother is driving again (after breaking her leg)!  :dance:

My sister and I were doing the driving for her. I don't mind driving and taking her to where she needs to go, but at times it can be difficult to juggle all the tasks I'm supposed to complete in addition to being the chauffeur.   

jumbojak

I got a raise at work! Damn near TRIPLES my hourly rate!

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on July 19, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

Was this after you told them you were leaving or just coincidental? Good reason to stay put?

Sounds good though.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

hermes2015

That is good news. Even better that it was not in response to a threat to leave.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

WOW!!!! Excellent news.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

That's some pay rise. I'm sure you deserve it😇
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Sandra Craft

Hurrah!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan