News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Today I turned in my internship report. I can graduate now.

:whew: Two previous drop-outs from university but this time I finished!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 17, 2018, 11:51:32 PM

Yay -- are you going to do the whole cap and gown thing?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

You go girl. :cheersfortwo:

hermes2015

That is so good to hear. Now, strangely. you may experience a short period of depression and boredom, but that is a normal response after all the hard work. Just try to enjoy a heard-earned break.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

:cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2: :cheerful dance 2:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 18, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

No, I'm really not into ceremony. I opted for a more direct ritual, to sign the paper in an office and that's that. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 18, 2018, 03:41:27 AM
That is so good to hear. Now, strangely. you may experience a short period of depression and boredom, but that is a normal response after all the hard work. Just try to enjoy a heard-earned break.

That will probably be postponed until after I finish graduate school, right now I'm feeling anxious because of the entry test I have to take to get into the Master's program. I'm frantically writing a draft of my project and getting the papers together.

:sad sigh: Unfortunately I'll only get a break after all the necessary steps to get into the program are complete, passing or not.

xSilverPhinx

I finished with a B grade average. That's not so bad, right? I could have done better though, especially at the beginning.  :chin: I didn't feel there was much point then.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 18, 2018, 11:02:51 AM
I finished with a B grade average. That's not so bad, right? I could have done better though, especially at the beginning.  :chin: I didn't feel there was much point then.

Well done, Fernanda!

Ah, 20/20 hindsight strikes again...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 18, 2018, 10:24:56 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 18, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

No, I'm really not into ceremony. I opted for a more direct ritual, to sign the paper in an office and that's that. :grin:

Works for me.  I didn't see any point in going to my HS graduation ceremony, I just asked them to mail me the diploma. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

Haven't had a day off in nine days and the next one wasn't until Monday but I just got a text from a coworker asking for my shift tonight. Normally I don't give away Friday nights but I'll make an exception this time. I'm going to nap so hard today.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Having been been without permanent employment since November 2015 and coasting on temp work and seasonal jobs, I am happy to report that starting monday I have a new job!
It's for a company just down the road that sells and services RVs and caravans. A bit of a local institution and a cornerstone business around here.
They are bumping their inventory guy up to an office position, so there is an opening for a new warehouse monkey, and I got it! They are also looking into getting me more certificates within fire safety and equipment maintenance to capitalize on my previous work experience.

So yay!  :heyhey:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-