Ten Things Christians Accidentally Tell Me About Themselves

Started by Sandra Craft, November 28, 2017, 01:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Another interesting entry from the Godless in Dixie page on Patheos:  Ten Things Christians Accidentally Tell Me About Themselves.

What's particularly amusing here are the comments from Xtians, most of which fall into the two categories of #notallXtians or comments meant to refute the OP which actually prove its points.  The people who unwittingly prove the points tend to argue the most but never provide any back up to their arguments.  I.e., they claim atheists are arrogant but don't explain how, or they claim evidence for their god is all around but don't present any or present something that doesn't qualify as evidence (verifiable, falsifiable, repeatable). 

The one I used to get most often, when I was younger, was #10, you just want sex, altho it was more often phrased with the larger umbrella of "you just want to sin".  I rarely hear that now, at least not applied to myself.  I think either people really don't care about the over 60 crowd sinning, or they looked at my boring life and realized how off base that accusation is. 

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

Ah, I haven't heard "you just want sex" in years! My roommates parents were mad I wanted to room with her and said I was just a filthy heathen using her money to have a crazy sex den. And as I had just started seeing BF at the time my response was more or less "yes. Yes I do want sex. K bye."