News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Beer

Started by Bad Penny II, December 17, 2016, 01:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2016, 11:38:21 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 19, 2016, 11:04:27 AM
Asmos don't like beer. The taste disagrees with them. However, The Asmo, the Asmoest of all Asmos, may have a glass every now and then if the company provides a sufficient positive counterweight to Asmos' natural aversion to the taste.

Now, how can He further complicate this explanation?  :headscratch:

The only thing that isn't clear to a non-social drinker is if you're referring to pleasant company or boring people.  :scratch:

I'd imagine that a few beers would cause someone who isn't all that fun to be around to loosen up a little.

Or cause them to have uncontrollable rage.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on December 19, 2016, 11:41:01 PM
Asmos don't like beer. The taste disagrees with them. However, The Asmo, the Asmoest of all Asmos, may have a glass every now and then if the company provides a sufficient positive counterweight to Asmos' natural aversion to the taste.

The only thing that isn't clear to a non-social drinker is if you're referring to pleasant company or boring people.  :scratch:

I'd imagine that a few beers would cause someone who isn't all that fun to be around to loosen up a little.

Or that.  :unsure:

Well, certain plans aren't immune from backfire burns.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2016, 11:45:10 PM

I probably fall under the category of a boring person who becomes fun when they drink and eventually rages after enough alcohol. Either way the result is the same. End up alone and everyone is unwilling to help. At least from not drinking, I can keep my brain cells.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2016, 09:20:50 AM
Quote from: Apathy on December 19, 2016, 08:17:26 AM
My uncle gave me a taste of his beer when I was about 2.

:chin: Interesting. You remember that? I don't remember anything from when I was 2.

I remember lots of things from about that age. I guess chocolate milk is good for your brain.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on December 19, 2016, 11:50:18 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2016, 11:45:10 PM

I probably fall under the category of a boring person who becomes fun when they drink and eventually rages after enough alcohol. Either way the result is the same. End up alone and everyone is unwilling to help. At least from not drinking, I can keep my brain cells.

You don't seem boring, and I know plenty of people who would definitely fall under that category.  ;) 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on December 19, 2016, 11:52:49 PM

:chin: Interesting. You remember that? I don't remember anything from when I was 2.

I remember lots of things from about that age. I guess chocolate milk is good for your brain.

Interesting. Remembering things from that age is rather unusual.

One of my earliest memories (that I'm almost certain isn't a false memory) is when I sat on a seesaw and it burned me, and that was when I was around 3 to 4. That was traumatic enough to be remembered. 

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 20, 2016, 12:04:48 AM
Quote from: Apathy on December 19, 2016, 11:52:49 PM

Interesting. Remembering things from that age is rather unusual.

One of my earliest memories (that I'm almost certain isn't a false memory) is when I sat on a seesaw and it burned me, and that was when I was around 3 to 4. That was traumatic enough to be remembered.

Everyone gets a right of passage. I didn't like the beer but burn from a see saw sounds like it's not sunshine either.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

People who can manage to stop before drinking themselves under the table and who otherwise do not turn into total idiots while high on alcohol.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on December 20, 2016, 09:04:42 AM

People who can manage to stop before drinking themselves under the table and who otherwise do not turn into total idiots while high on alcohol.

Working as a barman for 6 months put me off the idea of getting publically pissed. Saw too many drunken dorks!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on December 20, 2016, 12:19:33 PM

Working as a barman for 6 months put me off the idea of getting publically pissed. Saw too many drunken dorks!

We have a couple in the family who becomes loud, rowdy and obnoxious when they drink too much. They insult people around them and think they're being funny.

When I drink too much I get the courage to tell people how much I like them, how much I appreciate the things they do, and what I admire about them, I hug a few women.
...Maybe that's why some people enjoy being around this drunk.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on December 20, 2016, 07:39:49 PM

We have a couple in the family who becomes loud, rowdy and obnoxious when they drink too much. They insult people around them and think they're being funny.

When I drink too much I get the courage to tell people how much I like them, how much I appreciate the things they do, and what I admire about them, I hug a few women.

I used to insult people in middle school who were my friends. I never drank then but we still thought it was hilarious. I only did that among my friends but never did so to someone if they didn't like it. I've always done this sort of culture chameleon thing where I adapt the nearest culture so that it enables me to integrate into people's culture. It's worked pretty well for the most part.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Apathy on December 20, 2016, 08:40:31 PM

I used to insult people in middle school who were my friends. I never drank then but we still thought it was hilarious. I only did that among my friends but never did so to someone if they didn't like it. I've always done this sort of culture chameleon thing where I adapt the nearest culture so that it enables me to integrate into people's culture. It's worked pretty well for the most part.
Insults in a peer group is a common thing - if I called anyone else the things we called each other in the RAF I would either be in a fight or in court!

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on December 20, 2016, 09:43:57 PM

Insults in a peer group is a common thing - if I called anyone else the things we called each other in the RAF I would either be in a fight or in court!
I actually did a video on courtesy and it got me to thinking about how new acquaintances are sometimes not courteous to you. Especially in my case where I let people do what they do, if you don't call them out on their nonsense, they will take it as an insult. Which is dumb because if you know you're doing wrong, you should correct yourself not have others correct you.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on December 20, 2016, 10:45:44 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on December 20, 2016, 09:43:57 PM

I actually did a video on courtesy and it got me to thinking about how new acquaintances are sometimes not courteous to you. Especially in my case where I let people do what they do, if you don't call them out on their nonsense, they will take it as an insult. Which is dumb because if you know you're doing wrong, you should correct yourself not have others correct you.
I think people should drink enough to feel relaxed...very relaxed--not rude, violent or depressed.  :sadshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

This is getting way off the subject of beer, though as has been said alcohol acts as a "lubricant".

The peer insult, and even the non-peer insult, I think are just part of the hieararchy of testing friends and potential enemies.

Birds and animals display at one another rather than fight, Maoris have their haka, armies hurled curses and shouted war cries at one another.

In some cases it actually stops a fight. In humans perhaps there is a case that we can use our more complex rules and language to say, ""You are my friend thus we can exchange insults, without fighting, to prove that we have a strong bond." But insult your "friend's" mother, wife, sister or maybe even brother or another friend and you are outside of the bond. Trouble.

Alcohol sometimes provokes us to step outside of that rule of bonding.