News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Racist Liberals?

Started by Ultima22689, October 14, 2009, 03:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultima22689

So I was talking on another forum, it's a worldly talk thread on myth weavers and someone said there are as many racist left wingers as there are racist right wingers and I disagreed and stated how I seriously doubted there are just as many racist liberals the person said that was an absurd thought. I'm sure they exist but are they even really all that liberal if so? It seems like an oxymoron and while I guess an atheist forum isn't the best place to ask since Atheist are usually liberals ( Andrew is in fact the only remotely conservative Atheist i've ever heard of) but this forum has become a voice of reason as i've been stranded in the bible belt so i'm asking you guys just how many racist liberals are really out there? Is there a significant portion and are there as many racist liberals as there are conservative ones?

McQ

In the U.S., there are approximately 25,631,980 racist conservatives. 50% of them are Republicans, 20% are independent, 20% are Libertarians, and the rest are unknown. 63% of them are Females between 12 - 86 years old. 42% of that 63% are married. 14% of the 63% are lesbians. 39% of the entire group is catholic. An overwhelming 89% love chocolate.

Now the number of Racist Liberals breaks down thusly:

19,788,033 Total. 81% are Democrats. 16% of that group chew their fingernails. 70% have cheated on a spouse or life partner. All the other data is too boring to bother with.

Anyway.... :D

How can you possibly ever find an answer to this question? Seriously, there's no data to look at that gives a solid answer, and if there was, it would be confounded with so many uncontrollable variables as to never reach statistical significance.

And Andrew isn't as alone as you think, here. I've been here a long time and this forum is well represented from all walks of life.

But it is an interesting thought and hopefully will be a good conversation. Too many unknowns for me, but could be fun to bat around.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Ultima22689

Indeed, I just thought the comment was warranted since it made me use my search fu to no result.

Whitney

Ya, they exist.  I'm not sure how common they are.  I think you'll find that older people who classify as liberal are more likely to be racist than a 20 or 30 something.  People can have racist views yet still be for socially progressive things.

Plus, while we think of racists being those that hate a certain race, it also includes those who prejudge another race.  

So, while a person in her 80s might hold onto the idea that black people should not be in power ever and be really pissed off about it; that person's son in his 50s might just prefer a black person over a white person if they were given a choice...then the grandchild/son will be offended by what both his grandmother and father had to say about black people.  (true story involving people who are democrats)

Among educated people, I have noticed that racism tends to not continue to spread from generation to generation.  (Kinda like religion)

That said, I don't think you are going to come across any liberals who would make KKK material.  Racism is one of those stupid ideas we are having to slowly wash out of the fabric of society.

Renegnicat

Even if the assertion that there are just as many racist liberals could somehow be measured, does that validate racism?

Of course not. that guy was full of shit.
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]