News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

If you could change...

Started by Stoicheion, November 25, 2008, 10:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoicheion

i'm interviewing random people for this piece i'm writing. I just need you to answer one question.

If some one asked you if you could dramatically change your personality into something totally unfamiliar to those who know you, what would you say?
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

Asmodean

If someone asked me if I could do that, I'd say "sure" and take a 180 degrees turn on my current personality. How long I'd stay that way is another question though as the opposite of me is quite unpleasant.

If someone asked me if I wanted my personality changed, I'd say no. With the help from my surroundings, I molded it into something I actually like.

oO(There are a couple of pesky disorders going on between my ears though so I don't know if I'm a good candidate for your survey  :unsure:  )
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Stoicheion

hah no worries. None of us are perfect.
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

Zarathustra

Quote from: "Stoicheion"i'm interviewing random people for this piece i'm writing. I just need you to answer one question.

If some one asked you if you could dramatically change your personality into something totally unfamiliar to those who know you, what would you say?
Since my personality is partially a social construct, why would I? People that I know would not like me any more, since I tend to surround myself with people I respect and vice versa. I would become immensely popular among creationists though. :lol:
"Man does not draw his laws from nature, but impose them upon nature" - Kant
[size=85]English is not my native language, so please don't attack my grammar, attack my message instead[/size]

Will

That's a very interesting question.

I'd like to be less crazy, I suppose:
- I'm genetically prone to addiction, which means constant monitoring of my behavior to watch out for addiction
- I'm introverted to the point that, if left to my own devices, I'd likely be antisocial
- I'm deeply cynical

These things hinder my personal development and if I could change them, I would. Still, I try.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Wechtlein Uns

Of course I could change. I'm changing all the time. I don't feel that there's anything within me that is permanent, so his suggestion would go without saying.  :shock:
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

Kyuuketsuki

I'd change my personality (& physique) to Arnold Shwarzenegger ... now there's a "can do" guy ;)

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Sophus

I wouldn't change anything. I'm perfect.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Whitney

I couldn't change my personality at will...I'm not good at acting.  I wouldn't mind being able to make myself be more outgoing...something I am working on but it won't be an unrecognizable change.  I more or less really like myself and wish everyone else was like me  :D

Sophus

Laetusatheos, did you know your MBTI personality type? I always thought I should strive toward becoming more outgoing as well since that, of course, is what society says we should be. Until I realized it just wasn't in my nature and that was okay.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Whitney

Quote from: "Sophus"Laetusatheos, did you know your MBTI personality type? I always thought I should strive toward becoming more outgoing as well since that, of course, is what society says we should be. Until I realized it just wasn't in my nature and that was okay.

My what type?  (no I don't know it   :hmm:

Sophus

Quote from: "laetusatheos"My what type?  (no I don't know it   :hmm:
Oh, I see. I used to be very self-conscious too. Alas, I don't have any words of wisdom on how to overcome it for you. It just kind of happened. Internally I just stopped caring what people think.