News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Forum Security Updates

Started by Whitney, January 04, 2011, 06:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Had some trouble with CAPTCHA myself. Turns out it's because your input is case-sensitive while the image from which to read the characters is less so.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Asmodean"Had some trouble with CAPTCHA myself. Turns out it's because your input is case-sensitive while the image from which to read the characters is less so.

It is reassuring others are having problems with CAPTCHA.
I've been practising standing on one foot and emptying my mind of dancing bananas.

Asmodean

That works... OR we could try and get a captcha which is better in relation to case.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

I think you both need glasses  :D

I can get it most of the time on first try...you should have seen it before I made it easier!

Thumpalumpacus

I haven't had any issues at all.  I have "log me in automatically" checked.

Over at TAF, I have been queried twice last week, and one valued member has been locked out of his account.  I'm not sure if it is related, but the timing seems odd; and we're a php board there as well.  I have let the rest of the staff there know about these issues here.  With your permission, Whitney, I'd like to link to this thread in our TAF Staff thread so that our Admin can get an overview of what's happening here, for himself.

TIA.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Whitney

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Whitney, I'd like to link to this thread in our TAF Staff thread so that our Admin can get an overview of what's happening here, for himself.

Yes, that would be fine.

terranus

Takes me 2 tries to login almost everytime. And I have 20/20 vision.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Tank

Did we just get a denial of service attack or was it just a glitch of some kind?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

I haven't been able to get on since sometime yesterday.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Whitney

Quote from: "Velma"I haven't been able to get on since sometime yesterday.

there were too many users logged in (I'm assuming it was an attack and not actually too many real users) and it caused a sql error...no one could get on.  

Not the first time it has happened and probably not the last.

Tank

Quote from: "ACXICAC"Hi, i found this place on  //google and i enjoy it so far :)
This is Spam, the link goes to a sales site. Post reported. Hopefully user will be deleted swiftly.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Velma"I haven't been able to get on since sometime yesterday.

there were too many users logged in (I'm assuming it was an attack and not actually too many real users) and it caused a sql error...no one could get on.  

Not the first time it has happened and probably not the last.
You should also check SE crawler activity. I've been told they can on occasion overload a forum. However, I find it unlikely since they are supposed to be made as discreet as possible bandwidth-wise.

What is the connection limit here?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.