News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

PM Limits?

Started by AnimatedDirt, January 05, 2012, 10:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimatedDirt

An Error Has Occurred!
You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour.

Seems odd to me...

Cecilie

Well, someone's popular.
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Usually, this is to prevent mass spammers from using PM to spread their canned goodness.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 05, 2012, 10:49:25 PM
An Error Has Occurred!
You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour.

Seems odd to me...
If Whitney doesn't have a look at this I'll have a look tomorrow. And Asmo is correct. It is to stop spammers abusing the system.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Tank on January 05, 2012, 10:52:27 PM
If Whitney doesn't have a look at this I'll have a look tomorrow. And Asmo is correct. It is to stop spammers abusing the system.

Gotcha.  :)

Whitney

Quote from: Asmodean on January 05, 2012, 10:51:03 PM
Usually, this is to prevent mass spammers from using PM to spread their canned goodness.

Yes, this is why...we could raise it though.

I think I set it low shortly after we had one person spam the entire forum via pm.

AnimatedDirt

May I suggest the number, whatever you all decide is the limit, be posted as part of the "news" banner on the top of the page.  I had no idea of this limitation.  Or not...I don't know if it's really that big of a deal.

Asmodean

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on January 05, 2012, 11:31:07 PM
May I suggest the number, whatever you all decide is the limit, be posted as part of the "news" banner on the top of the page.  I had no idea of this limitation.  Or not...I don't know if it's really that big of a deal.
Remember that this does not limit the hourly number of messages you can recieve - only those you can send. In other words, you will have the chance to read all messages successfully sent to you.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I knew it!
You all talk to each other in SECRET!
I know what you all are saying, I know!
You are sniggering and sneaken, planning to steal my precious hats, I know, I've always known.
Well I've got a plan and I'm not telling anyone what it is!

Tank

I have taken the limit off of the number of PMs a member can send in an hour. But reduced the number of people that each PM can be sent to. New members, those with under 10 posts, also have to enter a CAPTURE code to send a PM.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 06, 2012, 02:19:13 AMYou are sniggering and sneaken, planning to steal my precious hats, I know, I've always known. . .

By Thor's Puissant Toejam, we have an informant in our midst! I try my best to lull the Pudding into complacency by giving him a crummy cavalier hat, and all the time somebody has been telling him about The Plan. I feel like a right Charlie.  :-[
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2012, 08:31:15 AM
I have taken the limit off of the number of PMs a member can send in an hour. But reduced the number of people that each PM can be sent to. New members, those with under 10 posts, also have to enter a CAPTURE code to send a PM.

Excellent.  Keeps the spam down AND ...  Nice.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 06, 2012, 02:19:13 AM
I knew it!
You all talk to each other in SECRET!
I know what you all are saying, I know!
You are sniggering and sneaken, planning to steal my precious hats, I know, I've always known.
Well I've got a plan and I'm not telling anyone what it is!

You've ousted Asmo, he's after your hats. As for me, I'm more interested in that glove...

Whoops, did I say that out loud?  :-X
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 10, 2012, 03:32:27 AM
You've ousted Asmo, he's after your hats. As for me, I'm more interested in that glove...

If that's a rolling pin in his other hand, I've been looking for good one.  This is fun, kind of like strip pudding.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 10, 2012, 04:04:42 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 10, 2012, 03:32:27 AM

If that's a rolling pin in his other hand, I've been looking for good one.  This is fun, kind of like strip pudding.

Geez, some of you inhabitants of the Americas are sadly lacking in some of the more refined areas of knowledge.
I suppose you could pound dough with it, not much good for rolling though.