News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Creation Museum Founder Says Evolution Fuels Racism

Started by afreethinker30, July 15, 2008, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

The article seems to have been pulled from alot of news sites.I wonder why.

QuoteDarwin's theory called racist
In book, Creation Museum founder says evolution fuels genocide

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The founder of a popular Kentucky Christian museum that rejects evolution says in a new book that Darwin's theory fuels racism and genocide.

Ken Ham, who opened the Creation Museum last year, and co-author Charles Ware, president of Crossroads Bible College in Indianapolis, have written "Darwin's Plantation: Evolution's Racist Roots," arguing that the theory inspired the Nazi belief in racial superiority and the murderous policies of Soviet dictator Josef Stalin.

"What Darwinian evolution did I would say is provide what people thought was a scientific justification for separation of races," Ham said in an interview.

Ham is not the first to try to tie Darwin with racism. The charge has been made for years. It came up last month in arguments over science curriculum at a South Carolina state school board meeting. In 2001, Louisiana's state legislature considered a bill that said Darwin supported racist ideologies.

David Schultz, associate professor of biology at Nicholls State University in Louisiana, said Darwin was egalitarian and had a history of speaking out against slavery. "Darwin was not a racist," he said.

The article : http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080209/LIFESTYLE/802090313/-1/SPECIAL&THEMES=HOMEGARDEN

Other articles : http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/318976.aspx
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/020908/rel_245288762.shtml

Jolly Sapper

Nothing like mistaking correlation for causation to make yourself look like a total freaking idiot.

Asmodean

To put it this way: If evolution causes cancer, well, so do potatoe chips.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

rlrose328

And thank goodness that a belief in a divine creator has led to nothing but peace in this world.

:raised:

Idiots.  That Ken Ham has done more to sully the name of Christians than anyone since Hitler.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

afreethinker30

Well anyone that starts a 25 million dollar place about jesus and the dinosaurs is missing a few marbles anyway.

crocofish

Quote from: "news article""What Darwinian evolution did I would say is provide what people thought was a scientific justification for separation of races," Ham said in an interview.

Back when different races were not allowed in intermarry in the US in some states, a religious and racist judge made this statement:
Quote from: "racist judge"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and He placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with His arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that He separated the races shows that He did not intend for the races to mix.

I found the quote related to the Loving vs. Virginia case.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Loffler

Quote"What Darwinian evolution did I would say is provide what people thought was a scientific justification for separation of races," Ham said in an interview.

Also, germ theory gave a scientific justification for bioweapons.

susangail

Quote from: "rlrose328"And thank goodness that a belief in a divine creator has led to nothing but peace in this world.
Amen brother!

Quote from: "afreethinker30"Well anyone that starts a 25 million dollar place about jesus and the dinosaurs is missing a few marbles anyway.
Yeah seriously, who are they to talk? Seems kind of like a boring place to me...
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

afreethinker30

I don't see how anyone can compare the two.Darwin said that we all come from the single being.That makes all of us black,white,asian,hispanic everyone a decedent.We are all brothers and sisters in this world whether we like it or not.Yes some are a different color but that all has to do with our enviroment.You can look at my skin and clearly tell that I came for a cold sheltered land without much sun.My skin is very fair which helps my body in a vitamin d deficiency.With my skin being for fair a short amount of sun light helps me "absorb" more of the suns rays.Blacks usually have a problem with high blood pressure in that their bodies have more salt intake.Which helped when they were traveling.I'm sure it also helps with a huge amount of sunlight and skin damage.I think this also shows evolution.Our bodies adapt to what is best for us.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/922301987.html
http://genetics.suite101.com/article.cfm/when_caucasians_turned_white

Will

Social Darwinism is not Darwinism. Only a complete and total idiot would try to equate them. It's very well documented that Darwin believed that egalitarian and sympathetic social systems developed via natural selection, and that human morality was a survival trait. It's deeply shameful to try and rewrite history, blaming one of the worst atrocities on one of our greatest minds.

I wonder how many protestants are aware that Martin Luther, father of the protestant reformation, was a horrible anti-semite.
(warning the following link is extremely offensive both to people who understand and reject bigotry and to religious people who don't like religion being shown for what it is. Discretion is advised.)
http://www.humanitas-international.org/ ... r-jews.htm
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Loffler

QuoteSocial Darwinism is not Darwinism. Only a complete and total idiot would try to equate them.

Right. It's what's called the is-ought fallacy. Mistaking a claim about the way things are for a claim about the way things should be.

Occam

Considering the location of the primates from which humans evolved, it is apparent that all U.S. citizens are African-Americans.  (Wish I could take credit for this insight, but I saw it somewhere.)   :lol:

Occam

Loffler

Quote from: "Occam"Considering the location of the primates from which humans evolved, it is apparent that all U.S. citizens are African-Americans.  (Wish I could take credit for this insight, but I saw it somewhere.)   :lol:

Occam

Not very useful. When reminded other races evolved from Africans, the clever racist simply responds "Operative word 'evolved.' "

NearBr0ken

Evolution does the exact opposite.  It says that there is no "human race" to the exclusion of others.  There is one human species with several genetic variances which produce only superficial changes (phenotypes) while the basic genetic structure (genotype) remains the same consistently.  It's basic genetics, people.

Deicideisfunny

Thats what creationists do-they twist words around and make it into what they are not-or rationalize for questions they cannot answer.

creationist is asked for scientific proof
creationist= :unsure:
Why doesn't Jesus feed the children?

ALL HAIL TEH JEEBUS :hail: