News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Forbidden Fruit: The Apple

Started by TheJackel, April 03, 2010, 06:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJackel

I was thinking recently on a really interesting topic about the forbidden fruit, and I found it interesting that the only reason why Christians, Christianity, or the bible claim the forbidden fruit of knowledge as being the Apple is due to it's dual meaning in Latin. The word "malus" means evil as an adjective, and an apple as a noun. Now in Genesis 2:17 this apple is the forbidden fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Thus what I am going to do here is explore this subject by forbiddingly questioning it.  

So here is a blurb from Wiki

QuoteGenesis 2:17 describes the tree as "de ligno autem scientiae boni et mali/the wood, indeed, of good and evil knowledge" Genesis 2:17 ("mali" is the genitive of "malus"). The larynx in the human throat, noticeably more prominent in males, was consequently called an Adam's apple, from a notion that it was caused by the forbidden fruit sticking in Adam's throat as he swallowed, and the name has stuck.

Clearly Christianity sees the apple as a symbol of evil, and the Christian GOD did not want man to have such knowledge that would drive them away from him, or the knowledge that would circumvent his worship.. Interestingly enough science seems to be that of the apple, a force in which is a forbidden knowledge that drives free thinking and individualism away from the worship of said GOD.. Newton's Apple being an ironic symbol of this good vs evil war over forbidden knowledge considering how religious he was.. His secret life of alchemy and observations of light, and gravity have played a key role in the dividing line between science and religion to where science has become key to understanding our existence as a whole.. And thus we can see the war waging between science and religion...

So why is it that the Devil offers the fruit of knowledge and the GOD deems it to be forbidden? Perhaps the fruit of knowledge would have prevented the deaths of millions knowing the apple is safe to eat and is not that of a forbidden fruit but rather the fruit of enlightenment..

Quote Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

Maybe this GOD should have put warning labels on plants before making such statements.. Many humans have died, or have gotten severely ill discovering that a potato is only edible if you don't eat the green parts. Here is but a very very very small list :)

3) So why is GOD offering us poisonous and fatal plants and fruits while the "evil" Satan offers us the fruit of knowledge that would have saved millions of lives knowing that thousands of species of plants, fruits, or trees can kill us, or make us severely Ill.. The Christian God appears to omit the knowledge that would save our lives as if knowing it would kill us, or make us ill.. It sounds like GOD has Genocidal tendencies to address here, if not his own lack of intelligence..

4)Many Christians will claim that knowledge is only a gift given, or is only given through the revealing of scripture.. If this were true how did we learn to avoid going extinct from eating poisonous, or fatal things? Yeah, we observed, and learned through trial and error, and even learned how to circumvent some of these by cooking them.. I can only imagine how many people die a year or have died over human history due to eating poisonous plants.. At best its retard of the mouth from said Deity, or a sadistic attempt to poison and kill us all!

5) according to genesis our adams apple makes us all evil and thus apart from GOD.. All men and women born into sin for the pleasure of eating what GOD himself said was food, fore it bears seed!.. And we can see why religion tries to circumvent intellect and knowledge by forbidding the knowledge that proves it a fallacy, or asks the questions that threaten it's stability as a controlling  ideological construct.  Thus knowing truth can not be had without knowledge, this gives seed to blind faith and the engineering of blind devotion without question..

Conclusion:

Adam represents the desire to seek knowledge and the questions that would seek to answer them.. Religion is the Theocritus power that seeks to circumvent these questions, and to suppress the forbidden knowledge  of truth, logic, and reason. To keep one obediently in control is to keep one stupid in fear that they may learn the truth. It appears to me that all the strife in the world is from the lack of knowledge, and the ignorance of our fellow man to which is fueled by the suppression and oppression of religious divide, poor education, corruption, greed, and the seeking of power over the masses.. To much of this does the institution of religion represent!

So what are your thoughts on this TAF? Why does GOD seek to poison us while Satan seemingly seeks to enlighten us with knowledge?

See also:
THE FORBIDDEN TRUTH?

dogsmycopilot

Quote from: "TheJackel"I was thinking recently on a really interesting topic about the forbidden fruit, and I found it interesting that the only reason why Christians, Christianity, or the bible claim the forbidden fruit of knowledge as being the Apple
It doesn't say it's an apple.

mama_ape

I might know everything ask me a question.

Where does the sun go at night?

Next
So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

Dongle

I think the bible does in fact say it was an apple, but damn they must have had some powerful jaws back then.
[attachment=0:12hnemjp]macbook-rounded-400._V12312312_.jpg[/attachment:12hnemjp]
[size=85]The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
-Douglas Adams, from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency[/size]

dogsmycopilot

Quote from: "Dongle"I think the bible does in fact say it was an apple,
No. It does not. The story is in Genesis 2, ""You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die." and "In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." It is never referred to as an apple.  

Another little tidbit= the bible actually never says people go to heaven when they die. Of course most people don't know this because even the fools who take the label don't read the damn book.  :hmm:

Know thy enemy.

Dongle

I know it doesn't say it was an apple. I was just looking for a quick set-up to my terrible joke.
/we all know it was a banana anyway :bananacolor:
[size=85]The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
-Douglas Adams, from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency[/size]

dogsmycopilot

Quote from: "Dongle"I know it doesn't say it was an apple. I was just looking for a quick set-up to my terrible joke.
/we all know it was a banana anyway :bananacolor:
Yeah.
Good luck with that.

elliebean

Quote from: "Dongle"I know it doesn't say it was an apple. I was just looking for a quick set-up to my terrible joke.
/we all know it was a banana anyway lol'd.  :P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

TheJackel

Quote from: "dogsmycopilot"
Quote from: "TheJackel"I was thinking recently on a really interesting topic about the forbidden fruit, and I found it interesting that the only reason why Christians, Christianity, or the bible claim the forbidden fruit of knowledge as being the Apple
It doesn't say it's an apple.

I was referring to the common belief that it was an Apple :) The moral of the story is that all fruits here here for you to eat and yet the one that gives you knowledge is forbidden while the others may kill you.. Hence, I think humans would love to have the knowledge knowing GOD's evil plan to kill you by telling you that you can simply eat anything that bears seed.. I took the Apple route because it was fun and that it is very much apart of the Christianity's history..