News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Petrol head thread!!!

Started by billy rubin, October 29, 2019, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i think it already has, judging by the people trying to force it into society.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on March 02, 2024, 11:33:53 AMYou can suffer consequences doing 45km in a 40 zone, I'd prefer that speedometers were designed with regard to reality.
:sadnod: I blame the Germans with their Autobahn and a occasional Freie Fahrt sign on it.

That said, some of it is standardisation. My speedo goes to 270-280, but the car is only good for around 220. The reason is that the more "long-legged" versions of the same model are good for 255.

QuoteIndicators.  Left turn blink blink blink, intention to cancel, right right right, no no no I'm not turning right, I just wanted to cancel the left!
I had a car like that. Nearly impossible to cancel indicators manually - you either had to do it by turning the wheel sufficiently, or just not engage the indicators fully (As in, when you press on the stalk, but not until it "clicks.")
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

well, i have just returned from driving 855 miles there and back to pick up thjis very nice piece of kit.

hard to see under the tarp, but theres  a method there.

more to come

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

time to paint that trailer too.

i have one child left at home. he needs to know how to mix paint and set up a spray rig

Icarus

That mysterious object under the tarp looks like it might be an elegant sidewagon.  What the living hell are you going to do with that on those dirt roads and backwoods?

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on March 11, 2024, 03:14:38 AMi have one child left at home. he needs to know how to mix paint and set up a spray rig
Yes! The younger generations have to learn their place as free labour. :smilenod: The Asmo endorses.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on March 11, 2024, 05:12:24 AMThat mysterious object under the tarp looks like it might be an elegant sidewagon.  What the living hell are you going to do with that on those dirt roads and backwoods?

i dont know.

youre asking a practical question, and i dont think theres a practical answer

billy rubin

Quote from: Asmodean on March 11, 2024, 07:28:19 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on March 11, 2024, 03:14:38 AMi have one child left at home. he needs to know how to mix paint and set up a spray rig
Yes! The younger generations have to learn their place as free labour. :smilenod: The Asmo endorses.

hes already pretty good about it. no reason not to pile on some more

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on March 11, 2024, 11:30:10 AMhes already pretty good about it. no reason not to pile on some more
Those are the best circumstances, are they not? When the younger generation does the free labour without even considering that that's what it is? :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

yes

i picked up a sidecar i bought yesterday. drove 855 miles there and back to get it. forgot to unhook tbe trailer. went out at 0500 this morning to go to work and started to back up. couldnt see the trailer in the dak so i turned the truck. still couldnt see it so i turned tbe other way. still not there. so i got out and the trailer wasnt there. he had taken it off himself without being asked. pretty nice of him. my kids are all so much better than i was

so i drove off and when i looked through tbe windshield i saw the whole front of the truck was covered in mud. so taking tbe trailer down to the warehouse clearly is a story that i will need to hear.

billy rubin

but here it is. took three of us to roll it off the trailer, because its only got the one wheel

its got this huge escape hatch because the stock windscreen sits up as high as an automobile's, and otherwise you cant get in or out.

i was going to put it on a BSA, but it came with all the mounts for a triumph 650. so im looking at my long-neglected triumph track bike project and wondering. i have everything to make a motorcycle except engine cases and little stuff like a headlight and cables, so maybe i can cobble up a bitsa

Dark Lightning

Icarus

That thing is gorgeous. Don't you dare get mud and dirt on it. 

I have a fantasy that is of a long gone day. If I had that sidecar attached to a nice quiet BMW or maybe a Goldwing, I would take my high school sweetheart to the prom with that rig. To hell with limousines. 

Asmodean

Indeed, it looks good. Motorbicycling with some class, is what it is. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.