News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Can't access the UserCPanel

Started by Faithless, August 21, 2008, 07:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithless

Help!  For some reason once I switched to the skin that shows names on the left, I can't get to the user panel and I can't add a sig or do anything at all.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." - Mark Twain

Asmodean

I use that layout and it worked just fine for me some ten seconds ago. My suggestion is to delete the temporary files and cookies, then re-load the page.

Another thing - it could be browser-related. Those dropdown menus may probably be misinterpreted by some browsers. I'm on IE7 and it works just fine. I suppose the latest FireFox should be able to handle it too.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Faithless

Right now I'm at work behind a firewall, so I can try tonight at home to see if I can access it.  I also can't see any of the pics in people's signatures, so that's probably work-related too.

Thanks for the info, at least I know it's me and there's nothing wrong with the forum :)
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." - Mark Twain

Whitney

Thanks for answering the question Asmodean.

Faithless, let me know if going home doesn't fix it.  If necessary, I think I can reset which style you use from my end.  It is possible that your work system blocks out images, cookies, etc from sites which are not on a safe list.  You could try adding this site to your Firefox safe list at work (i think it is called 'trusted sites') and see if that helps.  Also, you are probably already aware, but your network administrator will have a log of all websites you visit at work.