News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

We had to put down my wife's chihuahua yesterday. Sad, but the truth is the poor thing should have been put down many months ago. Grumpy because she's pretty upset, but relieved because the thing isn't peeing and pooping everywhere anymore. All impermeable floors, thank you very much- wood, tile and linoleum.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 12, 2019, 03:44:56 AM
We had to put down my wife's chihuahua yesterday. Sad, but the truth is the poor thing should have been put down many months ago. Grumpy because she's pretty upset, but relieved because the thing isn't peeing and pooping everywhere anymore. All impermeable floors, thank you very much- wood, tile and linoleum.
Ohh. That's 2 in as many months is it not?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Sorry to hear that DL  :(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on April 12, 2019, 11:28:16 AM
Ohh. That's 2 in as many months is it not?

Yes.   :( I don't miss the chihuahua much, since any time I tried to pet it it would try to bite me. Even though I fed her. But the Maltese was the best dog I have ever had. Not one of those with the flowing hair that sits on a pillow. She was real fun. Now we get to look for another dog. My wife is thinking something in the 25-30 pound range since the other dog was kind of a bully to the other two, on occasion.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on April 12, 2019, 02:25:07 PM

Sorry to hear that DL  :(
:this:  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 10, 2019, 06:55:53 AM
Long nights never seem to end. Eternity after eternity I check to see the time and only an hour has passed each time I do.
Do you feel any better?   :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Thanks all for your condolences.  :D

xSilverPhinx

Sorry to hear that DL. Damn, twice in such a short span!  :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Indeed. We're still discussing what the next dog will be like. It is a given that we'll be getting another, at least one. Not a puppy, I'm not going to potty train any more dogs.

Icarus

Sincerely sorry for the loss of your little friend DL. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 12, 2019, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 10, 2019, 06:55:53 AM
Long nights never seem to end. Eternity after eternity I check to see the time and only an hour has passed each time I do.
Do you feel any better?   :(

Sorry, didn't see this post...

Yes, I am feeling better. I'm able to sleep through a whole night (and half a day  :blush: ) without waking up now. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2019, 01:34:38 AM
Sincerely sorry for the loss of your little friend DL.

Thanks!

Buddy

Setting up online banking for old people is easily the most painful part of my job
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on April 15, 2019, 04:20:04 PM
Setting up online banking for old people is easily the most painful part of my job

When you're old there won't be online banking. It'll be a post apocalyptic dystopian nightmare where barter is all you can do :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

I have to explain what email is to someone younger than my mom. I don't get paid enough for this.