News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Trolling christian forums

Started by Norfolk And Chance, November 07, 2011, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk And Chance

Has anybody had the idea of going on a christian forum and making big claims about having supernatural powers or something and seeing how any of them ask for evidence?
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

Asmodean

Oh, manybody had that idea in the history of message boards. How many here though, is another question. Me, I am repulsed by large gatherings of religious people. The overall stupidity in the atmosphere in such places tends to make me want to fry my brain circuits and drool uncontrollably while staring blankly at nothing.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: Asmodean on November 07, 2011, 09:32:49 PM
Oh, manybody had that idea in the history of message boards. How many here though, is another question. Me, I am repulsed by large gatherings of religious people. The overall stupidity in the atmosphere in such places tends to make me want to fry my brain circuits and drool uncontrollably while staring blankly at nothing.

;D

I know what you mean, I just can't summon up the courage to read christian forums because I know my head would explode.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

Asmodean

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on November 07, 2011, 09:36:39 PM
I know what you mean, I just can't summon up the courage to read christian forums because I know my head would explode.
Yeah... They should come with a warning label:

DANGER: Reading may cause EHS (Exploding head syndrome), provoke a killing spree or make you sacrifice small animals on an altar of tires burned with kerosine.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: Asmodean on November 07, 2011, 09:39:54 PM
Yeah... They should come with a warning label:

DANGER: Reading may cause EHS (Exploding head syndrome), provoke a killing spree or make you sacrifice small animals on an altar of tires burned with kerosine.

Oh, I  do that anyway because obviously I have no morals. :)

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 07, 2011, 09:32:49 PM

;D

Try Theologyweb.com. No need to troll it, the mods will ban you PDQ. But it's worth a visit to watch the Christians all agreeing they are Christians but then finding it impossible to agree on pretty much anything else.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on November 07, 2011, 09:44:15 PM
Oh, I  do that anyway because obviously I have no morals. :)
That, and killing sprees are great fun. As long as the small animals aren't rats, who are to be loved and protected and given goodies to, the latter can be fun too.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 07, 2011, 09:45:09 PM
Try Theologyweb.com. No need to troll it, the mods will ban you PDQ. But it's worth a visit to watch the Christians all agreeing they are Christians but then finding it impossible to agree on pretty much anything else.
Seen it and nearly decapitated myself with a scythe...  :-\ It can be fun for like thirty seconds at a time... Or up until the point when you realise that those people actually mean it. As in for real. As in not kidding.

One theist can be ok... Intelligent even. Even two theists together can, most of the time... But an armada of them..? Sheep.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Gawen

The more hyper ones will boot you if you mock them or show them the error of their ways.

Been there, done that....had to make my own Tshirt
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Crow

Nope, never been on a Christian forum and never intend to.
Retired member.

Gawen

Quote from: Crow on November 08, 2011, 12:58:29 AM
Nope, never been on a Christian forum and never intend to.
That is a wise choice.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

OldGit

I've glanced at one or two when there are threads in atheist forums which mention them.  I've never felt like going very far in, let alone posting.

Mind you, I can see how a bit of creative trolling would be fun.  ;D

Too Few Lions

I've never felt the need to go on a Christian forum, but I'm up for a group trolling if other HAFers are! I think the crap they believe in and discuss would both disturb and anger me in equal measure, and I wouldn't actually be able to learn anything from them so why bother? Mind you I'm surprised how many theist trolls we get on this forum, plus we have the regular theist members that aren't trolls.

Davin

I've read through several of the Flat Earth Society threads, never posted, but read a few of them. They are funny... then sad.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on November 08, 2011, 03:15:44 PM
I've read through several of the Flat Earth Society threads, never posted, but read a few of them. They are funny... then sad.

Many of those threads are satires and people practicing their debating skills by being the devil's advocate...but there are the odd true believers in the mix.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey