Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Saudi embasador explains why atheists are terrorists

Started by Crow, April 14, 2016, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Retired member.

Firebird

Same mentality as their requirements to cover up women because it might "provoke" sexual thoughts in men.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

What a stupid man.

I wonder how much money Saudi Arabia might lose if there were no longer any pilgrimages by Muslims from all around the world? :thoughtful:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Nam

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2016, 02:24:00 PM
What a stupid man.

I wonder how much money Saudi Arabia might lose if there were no longer any pilgrimages by Muslims from all around the world? :thoughtful:

A lot since hundreds die each year on the pilgrimages in Mecca.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Crow

Quote from: Nam on April 14, 2016, 02:58:50 PM
A lot since hundreds die each year on the pilgrimages in Mecca.

-Nam

And a crazy amount of people get fleeced out of all their savings.
Retired member.

Icarus

Do I have this straight?  Premises: Person A says that he does not believe in Allah. Person B lops off the head of A because A has offended Islam and the sensibilities of B. Therefore: A has committed an act of terrorism................... Really?

I fear that I have just flunked Logic 101.

Magdalena

QuoteWell in terms of subversion, disturbing public peace, disturbing the security of the country, all of that. He is inviting, he is provoking others to react in a way that would also be violent and unacceptable.
What!?
Saying I don't believe in god is a violent act?  :o

"...He is provoking others to react in a way that would ALSO be violent and unacceptable!?"
What!?

I wouldn't worry too much about this guy...I mean, I'm not the brightest one here, but if I can see the bullshit, anybody can.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2016, 10:06:02 PM
QuoteWell in terms of subversion, disturbing public peace, disturbing the security of the country, all of that. He is inviting, he is provoking others to react in a way that would also be violent and unacceptable.
What!?

"...He is provoking others to react in a way that would ALSO be violent and unacceptable!?"
What!?

I wouldn't worry too much about this guy...I mean, I'm not the brightest one here, but if I can see the bullshit, anybody can.  :smilenod:

What's scary to me is how often fundamentalist thinking, from any religion, resembles abusive husband thinking.  "You forced me to break your ribs by talking too much", that sort of thing.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 14, 2016, 11:47:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2016, 10:06:02 PM
What!?

What!?

What's scary to me is how often fundamentalist thinking, from any religion, resembles abusive husband thinking.  "You forced me to break your ribs by talking too much", that sort of thing.

Yes, that's what it sounds like. "You make me angry, so I hit you, it's your fault." It should be, "I'm angry, I react, I can't control myself, I hit you--I'm responsible for my actions."

To me, it sounds as if this man is saying, "Knowing you're an atheist disturbs my peace and security, and many other things. Knowing you're an atheist makes me react in a violent and unacceptable way. By you telling me that you don't believe there is a god, you're provoking me, if I hurt you it's going to be your fault, not mine."

Some people will just replace the word atheist in that paragraph with: Muslim, Christian, or something else.  ::)

I'm sure someone, somewhere is saying,  "Knowing you're a hippie disturbs my peace and security, and many other things. Knowing you're a hippie makes me react in a violent and unacceptable way. By you telling me that you're a hippie who doesn't believe there is a god, you're provoking me, if I hurt you it's going to be your fault, not mine." 

:run!:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

Remember, these are the same people who don't allow women to drive in their country because the vibration causes women's pregnancies to turn into miscarriages. Apparently riding as a passenger doesn't have the same effect.

They don't know anything about what's logical. Just oppression and control which is exactly what religion is.

-Nam

MadBomr101

I had no idea I was a terrorist. Thank Christ, that guy was around to confirm it for me. Soooo, death to the infidel... I guess.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Crow

Quote from: Nam on April 15, 2016, 05:08:20 PM
Remember, these are the same people who don't allow women to drive in their country because the vibration causes women's pregnancies to turn into miscarriages. Apparently riding as a passenger doesn't have the same effect.

They don't know anything about what's logical. Just oppression and control which is exactly what religion is.

-Nam

And if you get rapped you must have been doing something to warrant it.
Retired member.

Nam

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 15, 2016, 06:33:50 PM
I had no idea I was a terrorist. Thank Christ, that guy was around to confirm it for me. Soooo, death to the infidel... I guess.

Well, in their religion everyone but them (the right them) is an atheist or infidel.

-Nam

No one

Unfortunately, the human brain is like a car with a stick, not everyone knows how to use it.

Guardian85

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 15, 2016, 06:33:50 PM

If you are an atheist terrorist wouldn't it be "death to the fideles"?  :???:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-