News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on August 03, 2019, 07:46:14 PM
Some snapshots from the event today. Still no official count but we might have broken the world record for mini coopers on the Mackinac Bridge

https://m.imgur.com/a/Kn8AGVy

That was a fun day!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on August 03, 2019, 03:46:35 PM
Not great.

If you mean the photo isn't great, then perhaps not in its present state, but I think it can be with some more post processing. Perhaps some re-cropping, colour adjustment, and vignetting? Remind me: do you shoot in NEF format?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

These are gorgeous. Every batch you show us is better than the previous one and I am envious.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 04, 2019, 04:57:26 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 03, 2019, 03:46:35 PM
Not great.

If you mean the photo isn't great, then perhaps not in its present state, but I think it can be with some more post processing. Perhaps some re-cropping, colour adjustment, and vignetting? Remind me: do you shoot in NEF format?

I do normally but that was taken with my phone. I used the Photoshop app for a few adjustments but was fairly limited in what I could do. Where would you crop?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Cropping and the other adjustments are so personal that every person will do it differently, but perhaps crop from the top down to just above that oval bump on the orange brick. Perhaps a smidgen on the left as well. If it were a NEF, you could bring down the overblown white part of the cigarette to show more detail.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Icarus

Tank's picture of the dove annoyed me.  Not annoyed at the picture but at the damned dove.  They can, and do, empty my bird feeder in minutes.  The Blue Jays, finches, and Cardinals are regular visitors but they are not nearly as gluttonous as the greedy doves. 

Grumbling aside, the pictures are exceptional, as usual.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on August 04, 2019, 11:26:44 PM
Tank's picture of the dove annoyed me.  Not annoyed at the picture but at the damned dove.  They can, and do, empty my bird feeder in minutes.  The Blue Jays, finches, and Cardinals are regular visitors but they are not nearly as gluttonous as the greedy doves. 

Grumbling aside, the pictures are exceptional, as usual.

We'd call it a Wood Pigeon rather than a dove. But that way well just be American vs British English. I have selected feeders that these can't get into. However many of the smaller birds are messy feeder and my 'Pigeon Patrol' clean up all the left overs so for me I exploit their ravenous omnivorous feeding behaviours :)

I like the 'Walters' as they are so dumb and sex mad! I have no idea if they can tell each other apart sexually as there appears to be no sexual dimorphism between the genders at all. What I have observed is that one will court the 'other' and if the 'other' is the same sex they will beat up on the one trying to court them.

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on August 06, 2019, 04:46:32 AM
Shot out of my car window.

Very nice colours. I have always admired people who can do this kind of street photography, people like Vivian Maier. Google her and you will see what I mean. I am hopeless at that kind of imagery.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 06, 2019, 05:41:17 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 06, 2019, 04:46:32 AM
Shot out of my car window.

Very nice colours. I have always admired people who can do this kind of street photography, people like Vivian Maier. Google her and you will see what I mean. I am hopeless at that kind of imagery.

I totally agree with Hermes on this. A very good street shot.