News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Me / my show

Started by cgmccall, April 03, 2012, 09:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

Ahh yes, the 50 posts requirement. It's been a while. I honestly have no idea how the heck I managed it, considering how few posts I make overall....but, still here :P

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

Quote from: cgmccall on April 05, 2012, 04:03:21 AM

...And yet,
Quote from: Rules
NO JUNK POSTS:  Single word posts such as "hi", "yes", "no" etc and other similar lazy one liner posts are not an acceptable means of reaching the 10 post requirement.  Accordingly, they should be avoided by all members in favor of posting thoughtfully.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2012, 10:27:52 PM

...And yet,
NO JUNK POSTS:  Single word posts such as "hi", "yes", "no" etc and other similar lazy one liner posts are not an acceptable means of reaching the 10 post requirement.  Accordingly, they should be avoided by all members in favor of posting thoughtfully.
This.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 05, 2012, 10:39:36 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2012, 10:27:52 PM

...And yet,
This.

See what I did there?
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

McQ

D.J., you are the best!  :)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

history_geek

I went down memory lane (read: went to my profile to see all of my posts) and noticed something interesting. I started posting in closing days of December 2010, and then there was no post count requirement... :o At least it doesn't look that way, as I was constantly posting in areas that are now restricted until the required post number. I also seem to have a vague memory of a 25 post requirement at some point, but I may be mistaken....
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

Ooh! Memory lane! The Asmo, you know, he disappeared off the face of HAF for two-or-so years, he did. Was presumed dead too, he was... Or some such.

But then, miracle of miracles, resurrected. And now, the grayness is spreading like never before  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

I'm glad you all like my hyperbole.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2012, 10:46:17 PM
Ooh! Memory lane! The Asmo, you know, he disappeared off the face of HAF for two-or-so years, he did. Was presumed dead too, he was... Or some such.

But then, miracle of miracles, resurrected. And now, the grayness is spreading like never before  ;D

Where did the Asmo go?  Is it a mystery that will be revealed in the book of Asmoism?

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on April 05, 2012, 11:09:56 PM
Where did the Asmo go?  Is it a mystery that will be revealed in the book of Asmoism?
Yes. Although it will require some rather shizophrenic interpretation.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on April 06, 2012, 01:23:16 AM
Quote from: Ali on April 05, 2012, 11:09:56 PM
Yes. Although it will require some rather shizophrenic interpretation.

I think I'd be reasonably good at that kind of interpretation. I volunteer my services.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 05, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
I'm glad you all like my hyperbole.  ;D

I remember butting heads with the 50 post limit for the better part of four days. Wrestling it to the ground and stabbong it with pencils until it finally relented and let me out into the proper forum.

These newbies today have it too easy...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

cgmccall

I'm just so very glad my entry into this community could throw it into chaos so quickly. ;)

Ali

Quote from: cgmccall on April 06, 2012, 04:48:36 PM
I'm just so very glad my entry into this community could throw it into chaos so quickly. ;)

Throw it into chaos?  You mean this forum has any other state?

OldGit

Ah, you young people, there was no post limit when I signed up, back in the good old days ... young folks these days ... when I were a lad ... zzzzzzzzzz ... nggggg ... falls asleep, drops off chair ...