News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hi from scared Holubice

Started by Holubice, April 06, 2011, 08:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holubice

Hi everybody from Holubice,
I'm a Christian not labelled in catholic, protestant or whatever: I define myself a disciple of Jesus. I'm quite conscious of issues and arguments of atheism and I've been and atheist myself since some years ago. After an event related to Near Death Experiences I've completely diverted my mind. The main reason I'm here is I'm conscious atheism is a great and dengerous fault and I'm pretty sure recent frequent earthquakes, tsunami, turmoil and revolutions are the beginning of the end. After the N.D.E. I had a great and unconditional faith, and I have such a great control of scriptures (which I have never studied) that also priests and scholars are astonished while speaking to me.
I know this kind of introduction may sparkle some animosity and scepticism, but that's the way it is. I'm Italian and I'm typing from Italy, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Holubice"I'm pretty sure recent frequent earthquakes, tsunami, turmoil and revolutions are the beginning of the end.

This end is taking an awfully long time.
We've been experiencing the beginning of the end for millennia so far.
How long will the middle part of the end take, another 20,000 years?
And then there's the end of the end, that'll probably be drawn out too.
Really these gods are a tease, TV producers could learn a thing or two.

Quote from: "Holubice"priests and scholars are astonished while speaking to me.

That's not surprising, I'm astonished just reading your post.

Welcome...........

Holubice

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"This end is taking an awfully long time.
We've been experiencing the beginning of the end for millennia so far.
How long will the middle part of the end take, another 20,000 years?
And then there's the end of the end, that'll probably be drawn out too.
Really these gods are a tease, TV producers could learn a thing or two.
This probably is not the section to discuss about this issues. I'm waiting to post 50 posts so I will be able to create a discussion in the proper section. Till now I say you that till the ass is shaking is not yours it's quite easy to stay calm and aplomb.

Please note that also yesterday morning the Indonesia  had a earthquake that provoke a mini tsunami:

ABC: 6.7 quake strikes off Indonesia  
Indonesia Earthquake: Strong Java Quake Prompts Tsunami Warning

These events are getting more and more frequent. It's at least odd and unusual. If the California State (as it says for ages) move away from United States of 10-15 metres, probably my alerts will be taken more in consideration. I suppose.

The Magic Pudding

I'm sure I can see a Jesus face in that swirl of water.
But don't you atheists try to see it because you won't.
It's only meant for us believers.
Praise the holy smiter.

Melmoth

How many posts do you need before you can legitimately hand out welcomes? Feels a bit unsound - I'm barely through the door myself - so instead I'll just say HELLO fellow traveller! Nice to see some representation from the Christian party.

Quote from: "Holubice"I'm quite conscious of issues and arguments of atheism and I've been and atheist myself since some years ago.

This isn't a distrusting question. I believe you. But I'm curious to know what kind of unbeliever you were. Back in your atheist days, how would you have answered your own opening post? What problems would you have seen in it, if any?
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Holubice

Quote from: "Melmoth"This isn't a distrusting question. I believe you. But I'm curious to know what kind of unbeliever you were (1). Back in your atheist days, how would you have answered your own opening post (2)? What problems would you have seen in it, if any?
  • I was a comfortable atheist: I realized (wrongly) God didn't exist and I never asked myself any question since 11 years old for, almost, the rest of my life.
  • You can discover your life just living it... Ask anything you want. That's the reason why I'm here.

Melmoth

Cool. Not sure that answers either question but OK.

By the way - sincerely - I hope you enjoy your time here. I've found it quite hospitable so far. You probably won't, given that you're superstitious with some fairly dated rhetoric, which, despite your good manners, apparently makes you fair game for pre-emptive charicature and ridicule. But I shouldn't worry too much. I'll only ever stuff nice, sensible words into your mouth. Witness:

Why yes, Holubice, that certainly does look bothersome for the indigenous population of that area. Your appeal to human kindness, overriding any creed or lack thereof, is commendable, and thank you for the extensive list of charities which you also explicitly provided.

Have fun. ;)
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

McQ

Welcome, and thank you for not going further into discussions about religion yet.

To all others who decide to post welcomes here in response to our new member: keep it to welcome. This is not the place to denigrate, discuss, or argue Holubice's philosophy/religion. Stick to saying hello.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Gasturbine

OldGit

Tank

Hello Holubice

You may want to check the spelling of your World View in your profile.

May I suggest you read the rules regarding preaching as you could well fall foul of them if you're not careful.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Holubice

Quote from: "Tank"Hello Holubice. You may want to check the spelling of your World View in your profile. May I suggest you read the rules regarding preaching as you could well fall foul of them if you're not careful. Welcome to HAF. Regards Chris
A Christian who comes here without preaching is a no sense. A Christian who doesn't preach in anyway and anywhere is a no sense. You have to write in your rules:

"Christians please don't enter here"

This is a rule which has sense.

Whitney

Quote from: "Holubice"
Quote from: "Tank"Hello Holubice. You may want to check the spelling of your World View in your profile. May I suggest you read the rules regarding preaching as you could well fall foul of them if you're not careful. Welcome to HAF. Regards Chris
A Christian who comes here without preaching is a no sense. A Christian who doesn't preach in anyway and anywhere is a no sense. You have to write in your rules:

Sorry but intelligent Christians have been able to discuss their position here without preaching at people...if that's not possible for you then, well, take care.

Tank

Quote from: "Holubice"

I see you didn't actually bother to read my post fully. I've underlined the bit that you missed. Although if you carry on the way you are I doubt you'll get three more posts in before you're banned.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Holubice

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Holubice"A Christian who comes here without preaching is a no sense. A Christian who doesn't preach in anyway and anywhere is a no sense. You have to write in your rules:
Sorry but intelligent Christians have been able to discuss their position here without preaching at people...if that's not possible for you then, well, take care.
In my point of view, and in the point of view of Jesus, those persons simply were not Christians followers at all, as Jesus ordered to preach everywhere to anybody, above all to be a doctor between ill persons... I will act in a well mannered way. But remember: those ones get appreciations from the most they are always bad prophet in this Earth. The words of God always obtain disregard from men, as they order to act in a way most of the men dislike. This is the real reason why so many people don't realize the meaning in the sacred writings. I will stay in this forum till you will permit me. And till your chair lean in your floor.