News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The END TIMES (cue forboding music)

Started by Aullios, July 27, 2006, 02:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

I think we are all paranoid to some degree.  Although paranoia can be maybe a good thing if it keeps us on our toes, so to speak.  At least don't take the mark until you know for sure that it doesn't come wrapped up with some nefarious purposes, that's all I'm saying. I won't be taking the mark.

Will you?

Court

It's not a mark! Good-ness, you sound ridiculous. I don't believe in silly superstitious prophesies, onlyme.
And paranoia is not a good thing. Awareness, a healthy bit of suspicion, is fine.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

have you people not read my links that I posted?

http://www.spychips.com/

http://www.endtimes.freehomepage.com/

Asmodean Prime

court,

no, I am not afraid of technology, and I will use it while it has benevolant purposes, but I do see where it is leading, and I don't like it.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Jassman"
Quote from: "onlyme"This kind of system is always open to abuse. If hitler had this kind of power, what a different kind of world we would now be living in.  well, somebody now DOES have this power.  And do you think it will be used for beneficial purposes?  Are 'they' really thinking about your welfare?  Or you you just a little bit suspicious that something might be going on behind the scenes to rob you of your liberty?

It is always good to maintain a certain level of suspicion. It keeps your senses keen so when something does go wrong, you can react more quickly. But do you really see the government as this uncaged monster that you portray it as? Keep in mind that the government is comprised of people. People just like you and me. They aren't just "out to get us". They are trying to perform certain duties, and whether you and me think they're doing a good job of that is another topic. Please remember that our governments aren't just some global, impersonal entities out to wrong us.

I wonder, Jassman.  I wonder.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Court"
Quote from: "Jassman"It is always good to maintain a certain level of suspicion. It keeps your senses keen so when something does go wrong, you can react more quickly. But do you really see the government as this uncaged monster that you portray it as? Keep in mind that the government is comprised of people. People just like you and me. They aren't just "out to get us". They are trying to perform certain duties, and whether you and me think they're doing a good job of that is another topic. Please remember that our governments aren't just some global, impersonal entities out to wrong us.

Phew. And I thought I was the only person not paranoid around here. :)

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Whitney

Quote from: "Jassman"I would say that I am fairly knowledgeable with computers (hardware and software). Please show me a link. A computer cannot interpret human emotions.

Right, they can't.  We are far from being able to come close to figuring out someone's emotions in that way.  Right now the closest we are is through brain scans...even then it's just in the ball park based on what parts of the brain light up.  If computers could register someone's emotions, we would no longer be using primitive lie detector tests...just hook the person up to a computer and find out what they are really thinking.

One of my concerns with the chips is IF it was possible to use them as a tracking device.  I also don't see them as being anything more than a convenience, I doubt everyone would want one (to this day there are many who don't trust credit cards etc).  Personally, I don't like the idea of something so valuable being implanted in my hand or anywhere else on my body.  What would criminals do then?  They might just start mugging people to gouge out the chip...that would hurt.

Whitney

Quote from: "onlyme"http://www.endtimes.freehomepage.com/

Is it just me or does anyone else automatically not trust anything on a site that uses Hovind as someone to explain why evolution is false?

Big Mac

No, now you're being rather rude and uppity as an atheist. Pushing your disbelief onto others! HOvind is a real Doctor, it says so in the phone book even!

Look at this BRILLIANT video of his "The Dangers of Evolution"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgvfYkN_ ... 0Evolution
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

advancedatheist

Quote from: "onlyme"as a bible believer, everyone who receives the mark of the beast will be thrown alive into the lake of fire, which burns for ever and ever, that's why.

How do you know that someone in government didn't get this idea from the bible, instead of the bible having "predicted" it? It resembles trying to build one of Leonardo da Vinci's machines from drawings in his notebooks.

And what if we get "the mark," but no rapture or second coming of Jesus happens?

MommaSquid

Quote from: "advancedatheist"And what if we get "the mark," but no rapture or second coming of Jesus happens?

The fundies have been predicting and postponing the end days for centuries.    Link Past and Link 2006

I'm sure they have a list of witty things to say when it doesn't happen.

Tom62

We already have an "antichrist"-like world statesman. His name is GW Bush. :P
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein