News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Ark park failure blamed on atheists?

Started by joeactor, June 23, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on July 22, 2017, 11:53:04 AM
What's worse, not only are they atheist, but they are prolly Liberals as well, and don't own one gun between them. Oh, the humanity!
Hey! I resent that remark.

I'm a liberal, and I'm armed to the teeth!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Those be the least-worst Liberals.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Recusant

There are a few threads here about the Ark Encounter boondoggle/theme park, but this is the first that came up in a search and the mountebank Ham's response ties into the title, so . . .

"Ken Ham Is Furious That Newspapers Accurately Report Ark Encounter's Attendance" | Patheos

QuoteAs we learned a week ago, Ark Encounter is not doing as well as it was a year ago. Not only is attendance declining each month compared to the same time last year, it's declining at a greater rate each month.

Ken Ham never wants to admit this. So like Donald Trump, whenever the media reports the facts, he responds by calling them "fake"... as if they made up the numbers Ark Encounter literally submitted to the city. Ham's argument is that attendance is up... but the media only covers paid tickets, not the people who walk through the doors, many of whom get in for free because they're kids or people with lifetime passes.

The Lexington Herald-Leader recently reported on all of this — backing up its claims with numbers — but Ham isn't having any of it. He cares about math as much as he cares about science. So he's lashing out with an article all about "media bias."

My favorite response may be this one where he just tries proving his point by breaking out the A-word:

QuoteThe ultimate source for this article is not AiG but local atheists who have continued to voice their disdain/hatred against the Ark (and Creation Museum) and do all they can to spread misinformation in their failed attempts to undermine the phenomenal success of the Ark and Museum attractions.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If you want to find a liar find a theist.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote...the phenomenal success of the Ark and Museum attractions.

:lol:

Is Ken Ham having a go at trying to start some Fake News in hope that it will go viral?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 07, 2018, 08:33:11 PM
Quote...the phenomenal success of the Ark and Museum attractions.

:lol:

Is Ken Ham having a go at trying to start some Fake News in hope that it will go viral?

I don't think he has the brains.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Mr Ham is about as bright as a wet match in a dark room.

Essie Mae

He's taken in a lot of people, though what that says about them .......
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Bluenose

I would likle to express my gratitude to the people of the USA for providing a place for little Kenny to prove how utterly stupid he is.  Especially because that place is not Australia.  Please keep him, we don't want him back!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

No one

Essie Mae:
He's taken in a lot of people, though what that says about them .......

...... they probably couldn't spell IQ.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bluenose on November 09, 2018, 12:36:13 AM
I would likle to express my gratitude to the people of the USA for providing a place for little Kenny to prove how utterly stupid he is.  Especially because that place is not Australia.  Please keep him, we don't want him back!

You're welcome -- he does rather blend in here.  (I wonder if cannibals would take him if we buttered him and put parsley behind his ears?)
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

No, they wouldn't Sandra, they think clowns taste funny.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one