News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Upcoming movies that have you psyched!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on December 12, 2018, 09:29:04 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 09:19:33 PM
^ That trailer is so odd the movie is likely to be one of two things: great or godawful. I think it's more likely to be the latter, though. Even so, I will probably watch it, just because I like to torture myself. :popcorn:

I can't get past the concept. Apparently, according to reviews, the execution is also severely lacking. But it is strong on budget and special effects.

Hmm...I hope the popcorn won't be stale as well. :-\

*Undecided*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 05:33:15 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 12, 2018, 05:28:30 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 03:38:43 AM
Going to watch Aquaman this weekend. I hope it isn't as disappointing as Robin Hood was.

:watching:  Waiting anxiously for your review.  Not that a bad review means I won't go to see the beautiful swimming man, just that I may regret the expense of it.

;D Something tells me neither of us will regret seeing the beautiful swimming man.

You got that right.  In the meantime, I also cannot get past the concept of Mortal Engines.  Even if it was brilliantly done and acted, I'm not sure I could get interested.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I think I'll give Mortal Engines a shot, even if it's really weird. It looks a little like something out of my dreams.  ;D

No one

That movie where that guy has to do that to get that girl, because he did that other thing to lose that girl.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on December 13, 2018, 06:25:45 PM
That movie where that guy has to do that to get that girl, because he did that other thing to lose that girl.

Which of the hundreds are you talking about? :popcorn:

Buddy

I actually saw Mortal Engines tonight. I wasn't thrilled to go originally but it wasn't a horrible way to waste a few hours.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

joeactor

Quote from: Buddy on December 15, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
I actually saw Mortal Engines tonight. I wasn't thrilled to go originally but it wasn't a horrible way to waste a few hours.

:thumbsup:

xSilverPhinx

Going to watch Aquaman this weekend. I hope it isn't as disappointing as Robin Hood was.

:watching:  Waiting anxiously for your review.  Not that a bad review means I won't go to see the beautiful swimming man, just that I may regret the expense of it.

Have you watched it yet? All in all, I thought it was an entertaining film. Don't want to give too much away though.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 18, 2018, 11:03:26 PM

Have you watched it yet? All in all, I thought it was an entertaining film. Don't want to give too much away though.

Not yet, it doesn't open here until the 21st and I probably won't see it till after the New Year.  Don't hold back on a review on my account, I love spoilers.   :dance:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Ok, I leave a few spoilers out in the open, but just in case someone doesn't want to read spoilers for the film, I'll leave a small, inconspicuous warning:

***WARNING***AQUAMAN SPOILERS AHEAD!

It's not too late to stop reading!

You have been warned!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
I think I'll give Mortal Engines a shot, even if it's really weird. It looks a little like something out of my dreams.  ;D
I want to see that one too. People whose opinion I respect rag on it, but high-budget rolling cities of death...

...An Asmo hath to wonder; does Luxembourg die? :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on December 20, 2018, 01:18:18 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
I want to see that one too. People whose opinion I respect rag on it, but high-budget rolling cities of death...

...An Asmo hath to wonder; does Luxembourg die? :D

No but a small Bavarian city does. Is that close enough?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

He could grumpily live with that.  >:(

*added to watchlist* :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx