News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Islam and Atheism

Started by Fatih, March 24, 2018, 08:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 05:45:25 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 12:53:58 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 09:28:56 AM
"I can accept atheist approaches in Christian countries, because of the logical and ethical contraversions in especially old testament which make it Unbelievable."

Mohamed (piss be upon him) accepted the old testament into Islamic lore. Thus, by your estimate. making Islam also Unbelievable.
No reply?

We accept that original version of all holy books came from Allah (including bible, Torah etc., but all of them broken up by human hand except the last holy book Quran, it is miraculously protected by Allah himself.
It is original. Therefore there is no contraventions in it. ( I am saying because I spend 25 years on it, I am speaking what I know and will share that knowledge as much as I can)
But a myth Allah can not protect anything. And just because you spent 25 years reading a fairy tale does not mean that the fairy tail is true. If a person spent 25 years studying the Harry Potter books that would not make then true any more than studying the lies of Mohamed (piss be upon him) would make them true either.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 05:57:19 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 12:52:49 PM
Fatih what makes you different from your fellow Muslim Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi the leader of ISIS?
Because it is like a joke I really laughed this comparison. However I ll try to explain
When a person search, learn, think, compare and inspect carefully what he believes, he is a believer. When a person accepts dogmas, bias and assumptions as Religion he is brain washed.
That is the difference.
Believers think... because in Quran there are over 700 ayah ordering people to think to find the truths.
Brainwashed ones do every evil eyes closed thinking that They think they do serve God, however they just serve evil, but they have no awareness what about they are doing. This subject is really long but lets say enough for this message
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi would say exactly the same about you. To him you are not a true believer. He would say you serve evil as you do not follow the truth that in his eyes is the Quran. There is no discernable difference between you and him. Get over it.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Fatih

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 01:00:34 PM
Here is an interesting thological position on the Quran.

The 20 Versions of the Qur'an today. (7 are recorded in the Hadith.)

It is really funny seeing this. And I need to give you some information about it.

Arabic is a language which is designed for fast working human intelligence. Therefore it doesn't even have vowels. It is not easy to explain it in English. But lets say croissant is crssnt in Arabic.

And everyone knows crssnt is croissant.

They say some people read crssnt as croissent or something but it doesn't change anything in meaning.
Name changed from Islam to Fatih to simplify forum searches.

Tank

Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

Still no answer. Presumably this is because you are obliged by you mythology to kill me and that would totally fuck your groundless assertion that Islam is a religion of peace. Islam is in fact a religion of peace, if you don't believe it then you will be killed (or pay tax to avoid being killed) the Mafia learned that trick, it's called a protection racket.

What made you believe that Muslims kill other people who has different believes?
Not just our Prophet Muhammad, in human history none of the real Muslim kings or commanders killed people because they are not believers. All the wars we had were against Cruelty and to protect human rights...
You just see some terrorists (called muslims but actually jut actors) and judge İslam by them.

As I said, Islam is much more different than your assumptions and biases.

https://www.centerforinquiry.net/secularislam/articles_and_books/a_call_to_the_muslims_of_the_world/

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/apostasy.aspx

Just two references.

Tank

And also how can I possibly trust anything you wrote as lying to infidels is condoned in your mythology.

Deception, Lying and Taqiyya

Tank

Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 06:26:17 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 01:00:34 PM
Here is an interesting thological position on the Quran.

The 20 Versions of the Qur'an today. (7 are recorded in the Hadith.)

It is really funny seeing this. And I need to give you some information about it.

Arabic is a language which is designed for fast working human intelligence. Therefore it doesn't even have vowels. It is not easy to explain it in English. But lets say croissant is crssnt in Arabic.

And everyone knows crssnt is croissant.

They say some people read crssnt as croissent or something but it doesn't change anything in meaning.
And this means what? Try saying that again in a different way as it made no sense.

Fatih

Quote from: Old Seer on March 24, 2018, 01:19:08 PM
Well, from where I am, you still have the same problem as any religion. Does or does not, a superhuman run the universe, and can one prove such a person exists. From what I can plainly see religious floks still follow "people" who make claims they benefit from. It's obvious that any faith in such a person is merely faith in the ones who are leaders of religions. Religion is a business no different then any other business. It exists on the same rudiments as any business corporation. Take the money away and religion will go away. If the leaders didn't get paid or make a living from religion it would go away.
"Money and personal powers" run the world of people, and the laws of physics rules the material universe. I find no reason to follow anyone as I have a mind of my own, and it is I that must determine true from false. There's not a clergyman on the planet that can actually believe that. Religions are made up of people that, for their own psychological reasons, want to run other peoples lives. I find no reason to follow someone who at some time in the past developed a self induced hallucination and passed it off as a message from God, merely because he/she didn't understand his/her own mind. I have imaginations too, but that don't mean I have revelations from a super human somebody. If one does their own thinking and has an understanding of peaceful relations with other one dosen't need to believe in external spirits. Religions mostly exist on misplaced understandings of "what is" and "what isn't". One need not believe another just because "he/she" had some emotional experience that they wish to foist off on others as a message from an invisible being thy can't prove exits. No offense intended.

BTW. I can plainly see the last and only religion will ultimately be---no religion and no central government. :)

As far as I understood from your saying you say that religion is a think which people use to get benefit (money etc.)

Nope that is not true. Every Prophet of Allah (God) came with same message "We don't want anything from you, our payment is on God" that is the difference between honesty and fraud.
If someone use Religion to get something from you, it is fraud just get rid of him!

This is an important subject which is implied in Quran "Shame on people who write lies into the book (Bible, Torah), then say it is from God to get benefit from people, shame to what they write shame to what they earned"

Dave

The power of a religion to blind itself to its own faults and to its effect on its members must be a form of mass mental illness.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 24, 2018, 05:05:53 PM
Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 11:25:43 AM
Nope, the sad thing is devil is very successful in his job. Illusions. Show good to bad show bad to good.
Can you imagine a religion whose name is "Peace (Islam)" kill people? How could it be? Don't you think manipulations?
Isn't the literal translation of "islam" actually "submission"?

Nope it comes from the word selam (we great each other using this word actually) which means "be safe from all dangers" and that means peace.
But it also related to meaning "refuge to a big power to be safe from all dangers" therefore it also means "submission to Allah to be safe from all dangers"

Apparently you are not even aware of the meaning of the word Islam. Oh and I don't care what it means. If you disagree with the people who wrote what I linked to go and argue with them.

Fatih

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

But a myth Allah can not protect anything. And just because you spent 25 years reading a fairy tale does not mean that the fairy tail is true. If a person spent 25 years studying the Harry Potter books that would not make then true any more than studying the lies of Mohamed (piss be upon him) would make them true either.

But the problem is which part of Quran makes you think that it is a Myth?

Forexample The ayah below

"Allah orders you to be fair, doing favors to others, doing favor to your relatives, and forbid you to be shameless and cruel and mean and hateful "

Tank

Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 06:40:05 PM
The power of a religion to blind itself to its own faults and to its effect on its members must be a form of mass mental illness.
Religious memes have been refining themselves for millennia. They are in fact mass delusions.

Fatih

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 06:24:35 PM
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi would say exactly the same about you. To him you are not a true believer. He would say you serve evil as you do not follow the truth that in his eyes is the Quran. There is no discernable difference between you and him. Get over it.

It is a fact that
I never killed an innocent person and I will never intent to.
Instead I helped hundreds of people to live under conditions that a human deserves. I am helping people to live not to die.
That is an enough evidence that we are different.

Tank

Quote from: Islam on March 24, 2018, 06:42:51 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

But the problem is which part of Quran makes you think that it is a Myth?

Forexample The ayah below

"Allah orders you to be fair, doing favors to others, doing favor to your relatives, and forbid you to be shameless and cruel and mean and hateful "
All religions are myths. All holy books claim to be the true word of god. You deny all but your own. All the other people deny all holy books but their own (what a surprise) I just sit on the sidelines and laugh at the stupidity of believers. The fact that a conman like Mohamed (piss be upon him) wrote it is the other huge giveaway.

Fatih

Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 06:40:05 PM

The problem is what relegion we are talking about?
Yes are there are some believes on earth even make people worse than you explained. But they are the wrong ones and we have to realize the difference.

Otherwise if you cut your arm just because you think it is gangrene, it will let you armless.

Need to differentiate what is healthy and what is gangrene then fight against it.

Fatih

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

All religions are myths. All holy books claim to be the true word of god. You deny all but your own. All the other people deny all holy books but their own (what a surprise) I just sit on the sidelines and laugh at the stupidity of believers. The fact that a conman like Mohamed (piss be upon him) wrote it is the other huge giveaway.

Nope, I accept all original version of Holy books. Just know that all of them beside the last one (Quran) are changed by human hand to earn benefit from innocent people. I am just against this.