News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The Global Warming Thing Re: The Young

Started by Bad Penny II, December 23, 2018, 01:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

School students have been doing some protesting over carbon reduction inaction.
I'll grab some lines from here: https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/why-scott-morrison-is-worse-than-tony-abbott/news-story/ac9c3a43a0097e668b5e4ab4406bcb4a

QuoteMr Morrison took aim at kids skipping school to protest about climate change inaction on Friday, sparking further outrage from the students.

During question time in parliament on Monday, Mr Morrison condemned the school strike for climate action happening in 30 cities and towns across Australia, saying kids should stay in school.

Mr Morrison furiously reacted to Greens MP Adam Bandt who asked if he supported the School Strike 4 Climate Action movement

Sydney school strike lead organiser Jean Hinchliffe, 14, said they were sick and tired of politicians playing politics with their futures.

"Maybe if the people in our parliament listened to the science and took action like those of us in school are, we wouldn't have to resort to strike action like this," the Fort Street High student said.

"We're striking to say enough is enough. People's lives are on the line. It's time to act on the climate crisis before it's too late."

Quote"We've tried many different ways to deal with climate change 'outside of school' but Prime Minister, you have failed to represent us, you have failed to stand up to the climate deniers in your party and you have failed to show courage," the Hoppers Crossing student said.

QuoteMr Morrison implored children to stay in class rather than protesting things that "can be dealt with outside of school".

"Each day I send my kids to school and I know other members' kids should also go to school but we do not support our schools being turned into parliaments," Mr Morrison told parliament on Monday.

"What we want is more learning in schools and less activism in schools."

What a fucking asshole.
Off course he's a  Pentecostal Christian, so if we fuck the whole place up it doesn't really matter anyway, heaven awaits.

The young need to do much much more of this.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

What a douche. People are actively destroying the planet and new and future generations are going to try and clean up the mess, if that's even possible anymore.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Here is a hearty A salute to that 14 year old kid.   This an example of the:out of mouths of babes concept.