News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Jesus vs Muhammad 2

Started by zustri, February 20, 2018, 10:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zustri

Hello everyone,

I previously asked why Jesus seems to show up in Near Death Experiences while Muslims have never documented a case of seeing the prophet. Doing a lot of research, I found that they do expect to see Muhammad when they die during judgement day, and potentially afterwards if they make it to heaven. However, I know they also don't worship Muhammad, the way Christians worship Jesus. I thought that this might explain why Muhammad doesn't show up in NDEs while Jesus does: anytime a Christian sees a light or has a feeling of warmth, they claim they felt the presence of Jesus. While, in a Muslim NDE, they would not likely interpret light or feelings of familiarity and positivity with Muhammad. Also, Muslims do not have any images of Muhammad, so there would be less to potentially hallucinate there. I was pretty satisfied with this answer as to why Christians see Jesus, whereas Muslims rarely (if ever) encounter Muhammad. However, then I did some more reading, and found that Jesus appears physically different to different people. I found that to many, he has dark hair, big eyes, a beard, etc. Many pictures of him do not depict dark hair, and some people see him as tanned as well. NDErs use the excuse that: "Jesus shows up differently to all of us, in a way we understand or imagine him, so that our spiritual journey will make the most sense to us". One woman even described him as looking nothing like Jesus from pictures. Yet, some people say this Jesus they see does look like Jesus in traditional paintings. I can't quite explain that one: that it seems the appearance of Jesus doesn't matter, but Christians still see him, while Muslims don't see Muhammad. I know some Muslim NDE researchers originally thought they would find Muslim NDEs with Muhammad in them, but there is yet to be one recorded one. Would the fact that Jesus shows up in different images give Christianity a better chance of being true over Islam, or is there a chance there is another explanation that we haven't found yet?

Magdalena

Quote from: zustri on February 20, 2018, 10:57:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I previously asked why Jesus seems to show up in Near Death Experiences while Muslims have never documented a case of seeing the prophet. Doing a lot of research, I found that they do expect to see Muhammad when they die during judgement day, and potentially afterwards if they make it to heaven. However, I know they also don't worship Muhammad, the way Christians worship Jesus. I thought that this might explain why Muhammad doesn't show up in NDEs while Jesus does: anytime a Christian sees a light or has a feeling of warmth, they claim they felt the presence of Jesus. While, in a Muslim NDE, they would not likely interpret light or feelings of familiarity and positivity with Muhammad. Also, Muslims do not have any images of Muhammad, so there would be less to potentially hallucinate there. I was pretty satisfied with this answer as to why Christians see Jesus, whereas Muslims rarely (if ever) encounter Muhammad. However, then I did some more reading, and found that Jesus appears physically different to different people. I found that to many, he has dark hair, big eyes, a beard, etc. Many pictures of him do not depict dark hair, and some people see him as tanned as well. NDErs use the excuse that: "Jesus shows up differently to all of us, in a way we understand or imagine him, so that our spiritual journey will make the most sense to us". One woman even described him as looking nothing like Jesus from pictures. Yet, some people say this Jesus they see does look like Jesus in traditional paintings. I can't quite explain that one: that it seems the appearance of Jesus doesn't matter, but Christians still see him, while Muslims don't see Muhammad. I know some Muslim NDE researchers originally thought they would find Muslim NDEs with Muhammad in them, but there is yet to be one recorded one. Would the fact that Jesus shows up in different images give Christianity a better chance of being true over Islam, or is there a chance there is another explanation that we haven't found yet?

:hooked:

I can't believe that on "Judgement Day," during, and even after death, skin pigmentation and body hair is still an issue. 
:lol: Wow!

If one is hung up on these two character's appearance, I'm sorry to say this, but this is the cheapest form of "spirituality" that I've seen.

If we, humans, "transcend" can't whatever is left of me go wherever it wants to without any of those two mortals--with a "special visa" to heaven-- harassing, judging, "guiding" me while I'm dying transcending?
:foottap:

~I don't know. I"m just that crazy lady talking crazy shit, again...as always.  :spock:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Maybe because Jesus knows how to ham it up.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: zustri on February 20, 2018, 10:57:27 PM
Hello everyone,

Would the fact that Jesus shows up in different images give Christianity a better chance of being true over Islam, or is there a chance there is another explanation that we haven't found yet?

No.

It's all mythology and bollocks.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Christians of different degrees of severity believe that Jesus is God, some believe that he is the son of god and that he is our saviour.  Most Christians believe that our salvation means that one must announce in public, or at least at church, that they accept Jesus as a divine being whose acceptance is the only way to have our sins forgiven and also the only way to earn a place in heaven.  I do not think that Mohammed has quite that degree of divine responsibility for favorable deliverance. 

JC is obviously more important in an NDE because of prior teaching brainwashing.

Biggus Dickus

Jesus vs Muhammad 1

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Jesus vs Muhammad 2

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 21, 2018, 03:58:33 PM
Jesus vs Muhammad 1

Jesus vs Muhammad 2

Wow!  :clapping:
I can't wait for Jesus vs Muhammad 3. So much drama!
:tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

I hear JM3, WINNER TAKE ALL,  is going to be in IMAX 3D. ,
JC is an easy going dude, just don't cross him.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on February 21, 2018, 05:22:15 PM
I hear JM3, WINNER TAKE ALL,  is going to be in IMAX 3D. ,
JC is an easy going dude, just don't cross him.
I see what you did there.  :snicker: