News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Dr Who, all things Whovian

Started by Griffin, August 04, 2013, 08:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

oh I just now saw this topic. I am a doctor who fan (but from 10th and on havent seen the classic episodes yet). My favorite companion is donna and I hate her ending :(
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on January 02, 2016, 03:17:29 PM
oh I just now saw this topic. I am a doctor who fan (but from 10th and on havent seen the classic episodes yet). My favorite companion is donna and I hate her ending :(
I just resurrected the thread so don't worry you missed it. Which series/Dr are you up to?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaEvri

well I started watching from series 1 (9th doctor) Now I;m current, watching the newest episodes through torrent (latest was 12ths doctor Christmas special 9th series)
www.poseidonsimons.com

Pasta Chick

I love Donna too, and her ending is so awful. Also her mid-companion love story in The Library crushed me.

philosoraptor

Donna's ending always made me sad.  And yeah, the love story with Lee McAvoy in the Library guts me every time.  I always hoped she'd find him again. This is why I read/write fanfic.

"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

MariaEvri

QuoteI love Donna too, and her ending is so awful. Also her mid-companion love story in The Library crushed me
basically for me, having a character lose his memory is worse you can do to him (even than death). I mean she goes through all those expriences, builds character, just to go back to the beginning again :(
www.poseidonsimons.com

Pasta Chick

Apparently Netflix is dropping the series for real :(

Have to find a new source for my fix... I more or less marathon David Tennant episodes when I'm home alone hanging out. Which is weird because based on overall story line of the Doctor, I don't think he's the best representation of the character. I just love watching him so damn much...

MariaEvri

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 19, 2016, 01:34:13 AM
Apparently Netflix is dropping the series for real :(

Have to find a new source for my fix... I more or less marathon David Tennant episodes when I'm home alone hanging out. Which is weird because based on overall story line of the Doctor, I don't think he's the best representation of the character. I just love watching him so damn much...

I can tell you where I get my episodes from but it's kinda illegal.. I;m not sure if it's allowed on the forum :P
www.poseidonsimons.com

MariaEvri

just found out there will be no new episodes for 2016. Next season will be 2017!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

I recently confessed my fear of dogs. I would also like to confess that I've never watched this show.

That's all.
Please continue.

Oh! Game of Thrones, I haven't watched that either. Or, Downton Abbey.

That's all.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

I've never watched Downton Abbey. GoT is really only interesting if you're into dudes with swords slicing eachother up due to complex political reasons while a lot of women hang around naked (and frequently get sliced up too). I'd have probably quit on it a while ago, but I really love Tyrion. Who was alive when I last watched, anyway. And Brieann, although I can't remember where she last was.

Anyway, I'm trying to go through the classic episodes on Netflix and it sucks because there's only one story arc from each season. Which leaves no time to become invested in a Doctor. I really enjoyed Patrick Troughton though.

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2016, 03:29:28 AM
I recently confessed my fear of dogs. I would also like to confess that I've never watched this show.

That's all.
Please continue.

That's all.

I bet you haven't watched The Wire or The Sopranos either.
Retired member.

MariaEvri

I never watched game of thrones either (which is weird because I usually like stuff like that). I just watch the dragon scene son youtube cause well... dragons are awesome
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on January 28, 2016, 02:42:33 PM

That's all.
Please continue.

That's all.

I bet you haven't watched The Wire or The Sopranos either.
No, I haven't watched those either. I have a lot of catching up to do.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

That's all.
Please continue.

That's all.

Dr Who has gone down hill, I have the GoT boxset but haven't got past the first few episodes as I really can't get into it and I've never seen Downtown Abbey either.  This really shocked JJ's Mom as she thought all Brits HAD to watch it ;)