News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Urges

Started by Dave, October 13, 2017, 09:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 15, 2017, 02:34:34 AM
My entire life is made up of urges.  There is a little air traffic controller in my head who sorts them all out. Sometimes they crash.

I wish I had urges more often, it sounds interesting -- crashes and all.

Quote from: Magdalena on October 14, 2017, 03:55:45 AM
Lately, I've had the urge to eat cucumbers, pepper, and ginger. (Not together).

That sounds delicious -- maybe done as a rice dish?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dragonia

My entire life is made up of urges.  There is a little air traffic controller in my head who sorts them all out. Sometimes they crash.
:snicker:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Today the urge to sleep all afternoon was too strong.  :visit morpheus:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 15, 2017, 07:35:55 PM

I wish I had urges more often, it sounds interesting -- crashes and all.

Or an Asian cucumber salad with wine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper, onions, cilantro, ginger, jalapeno, sesame seeds.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on October 15, 2017, 09:06:00 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 15, 2017, 07:35:55 PM

Or an Asian cucumber salad with wine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper, onions, cilantro, ginger, jalapeno, sesame seeds.  :smilenod:

Oh yum, I am now so hungry.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Lately I sometimes get the urge to hit the road, simply take off and rediscover the world. I used to feel so connected to it, and now it sometimes feels like I'm only an observer, staring out through a window, never getting off the train.

Next stop Willoughby.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 20, 2017, 08:41:26 PM
Lately I sometimes get the urge to hit the road, simply take off and rediscover the world. I used to feel so connected to it, and now it sometimes feels like I'm only an observer, staring out through a window, never getting off the train.

Next stop Willoughby.

I'm hitting the road after work on Friday, Nov. 3, and driving about 7 hours to Guadalupe National Park.  Early the next morning I'm hiking the McKittrick Canyon Trail, through maple trees in the midst of their autumn color riot (we get it later down here).  One of the most beautiful places in the state.  The "hit the road" urge is always just under the surface for me.

xSilverPhinx

Next stop Willoughby.

Yeah. :tellmemore:

I'm feeling it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 20, 2017, 09:39:50 PM

Next stop Willoughby.

I'm hitting the road after work on Friday, Nov. 3, and driving about 7 hours to Guadalupe National Park.  Early the next morning I'm hiking the McKittrick Canyon Trail, through maple trees in the midst of their autumn color riot (we get it later down here).  One of the most beautiful places in the state.  The "hit the road" urge is always just under the surface for me.

I'm jealous Bruce, and wish I could head out with you, would love to see some pictures, hope you can post a few here. Anyway please enjoy your trip...I was down in Tennessee and Georgia back in September, and though I did get an afternoon of hiking done in the Smokies it wasn't near enough.

Hoping to get up into Northern Michigan later in November, possibly do some camping.

Next year I'm trying to get out to California to visit with my niece and her husband and do some surfing...we are also trying to plan a trip to hike across the Grand Canyon.

I'm really feeling the urge now to get away, did a lot of biking last weekend, and that helped smooth out my desire some, but it wasn't enough...

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2017, 05:22:28 PM

Next stop Willoughby.

Yeah. :tellmemore:

I'm feeling it.

It's like this quote from John Muir.

Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.

My spirit (Whatever that is) definitely needs a good washing.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Essie Mae

I have the urge to strangle my niece's ex-boyfriend and I'm so angry with him it's got me wondering if I would do such a thing if it was guaranteed I would't get caught. It would solve a lot of problems. I wish I could stop the thoughts churning around n my head. I thought I would be calmer and more accepting of life as I got older. Instead i'm a nascent murdering granny. 😡
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 27, 2017, 09:23:28 PM
I have the urge to strangle my niece's ex-boyfriend and I'm so angry with him it's got me wondering if I would do such a thing if it was guaranteed I would't get caught. It would solve a lot of problems. I wish I could stop the thoughts churning around n my head. I thought I would be calmer and more accepting of life as I got older. Instead i'm a nascent murdering granny. 😡

Note to your niece's ex-boyfriend:  "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!"

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Killing the bastard is an appealing idea Essie. It is not a practical one however. If it is any comfort (probably not) bad behavior by boyfriends is almost a pandemic.

I too have a death wish for my grand daughter's shit head husband of less than a year. The slimeball managed to lose his job for lying to his employer, a law enforcement agency. He also managed to knock up the girlfriend he had on the side. To make matters even more sticky, he impregated the grand daughter who has, last week, delivered a preemie of 7 months.   So far so good with the infant, but thus far I have not viciously garotted the miserably irresponsible husband who is now  facing divorce proceedings.. There is more but that is the general idea. Some boyfriends or even husbands are not very responsible. 

Be calm Essie. You are one of the voices of reason. It is OK to be immensely angry, but not OK to act or even contemplate reprisal in haste.

Perhaps you could hire some one else to do the job. An acknowledged professional like Jack the Ripper, Sweeny Todd....Lucretia Borge.... ? 

No one

Hey, people have "accidents" everyday. I'm just throwing it out there.

Icarus

Too many "accidents" are not accidents but actually irresponsible acts of greed or testosterone fueled stupidity.