News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Christmas 2018

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 06, 2018, 02:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 21, 2018, 08:33:02 PM
But I'm going to miss eating the polar bears and arctic foxes - may be hard to get used to penguins.

Sealed blubber? :notsure: Might be softer. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Facial ornamentation is all the rage now Sandy.  Posers have been doing the mustaxche thing for eons.  I think that they are disgusting, especially when they get all gunked uo with food  like cake icing or pizza sauce.

Full facial hair is a whole other deal. I have not gotten the message about the stubble look of the men who are now regarded by so many women as hunks.   I really think that the men are too lazy or too cheap to shave their mugs..They have managed to beguile their lovely wives or girlfriends. In  defense of the men,  it is true that razor blades have become scandalously expensive these days.

Then there is the current fashion of wearing shiny brown shoes with a navy, black, or dark grey suit.  Whothefuck in the fashion world decreed that that was to be the correct dress for business attire?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on December 22, 2018, 02:01:22 AM
Facial ornamentation is all the rage now Sandy.  Posers have been doing the mustaxche thing for eons.  I think that they are disgusting, especially when they get all gunked uo with food  like cake icing or pizza sauce.

My problem is that some people just do not look good with mustaches, and sadly Benedict is one of them.  He looks like a used car salesman at best, and I sincerely hope it's just for a role.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 22, 2018, 02:04:38 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 22, 2018, 02:01:22 AM

My problem is that some people just do not look good with mustaches, and sadly Benedict is one of them.  He looks like a used car salesman at best, and I sincerely hope it's just for a role.

So true! :lol: I was wondering how to describe his new look and 'used car salesman' is perfect!

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 18, 2018, 10:30:17 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 18, 2018, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 16, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
You know, that doesn't sound like a bad way to spend the holiday. I've been postponing playing video games until next Saturday when I'm officially on holiday, and I am looking forward to it.
Yep. It sounds good, right and proper because it IS good, right and proper.

If you don't mind, what's on your Christmas playlist?

A Zelda game: Ocarina of Time. I got that and a new Nintendo 3DS and am looking forward to unboxing the console. Come Saturday I'll be trying to figure the game out without having to resort to youtube tutorials playing. :tellmemore:
Nice! I haven't played too many Zelda games, but been wanting to enter that franchise for years now... Maybe I shall.

Before that though, I have a few gaming projects of my own to attend to. I've finally un-packed my copy of Pillars of Eternity, I want to build a new vault in Fallout 4, and despite having finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and not being overly impressed with the game, there are some things there I still want to do. That one is on a bit of a cooldown period, however, as I found it tedious past a certain point.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

I wear a full beard for two reasons. First, I have extremely sensitive skin that doesn't respond well to a razor. Shaving leaves me broken out in hives no matter what I use to shave with. The second reason is that I have some scarring on my face that I would rather not put on display. Most folks think my beard suits me but that might be because so few people have actually seen my face.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Beards are more than practical for people whose face is not as pretty as the fashionistas would have it.

My all long time best friend has had a nicely groomed beard for all the years that I have known him.  He has a facial defect that is a receding lower jaw.  The beard mitigates the unusual skull structure very well.

My puzzlement is about the devilishly handsome males who grow the ten day stubble on their faces.  Damn I'd have thought that the handsome guys would want to display their fortunate facial characteristics in all their glorious cleanness.  But Nooo. Fashion dictates the "look" that one must display if he is to ............well never mind I was thinking of the prospect of one night stands....dirty old man that I am. 

Tank

There is a chap I work with who grows a perfect 'fashion beard'. He hates it!!! You just can't please some people.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Working half a day today, then off until Jan. 2.  Christmas dinner tomorrow at my house with kids and grandkids, then off to Durango, Colorado for 4 nights. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 23, 2018, 12:18:33 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 18, 2018, 10:30:17 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 18, 2018, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 16, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
You know, that doesn't sound like a bad way to spend the holiday. I've been postponing playing video games until next Saturday when I'm officially on holiday, and I am looking forward to it.
Yep. It sounds good, right and proper because it IS good, right and proper.

If you don't mind, what's on your Christmas playlist?

A Zelda game: Ocarina of Time. I got that and a new Nintendo 3DS and am looking forward to unboxing the console. Come Saturday I'll be trying to figure the game out without having to resort to youtube tutorials playing. :tellmemore:
Nice! I haven't played too many Zelda games, but been wanting to enter that franchise for years now... Maybe I shall.

Before that though, I have a few gaming projects of my own to attend to. I've finally un-packed my copy of Pillars of Eternity, I want to build a new vault in Fallout 4, and despite having finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and not being overly impressed with the game, there are some things there I still want to do. That one is on a bit of a cooldown period, however, as I found it tedious past a certain point.

Cool! I started Pillars of Eternity, but that seems like eons ago. Never stuck to it but it isn't a bad game.

joeactor

Dark Lightning

That's funny! Just keep the cats away from it...

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany