News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Claireliontamer

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on August 01, 2017, 06:42:07 AM
^^^
That's funny.  :snicker:

It's such a shame he was sacked. He would have been the perfect mouth piece for the vomitorium that the White House has become. The gift that just kept on giving. He's a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) and was lecturing scientists that the Earth is 4,500 years old. Only a factor of 1,000 out! I'll miss him. Unless the next one is even better/worse.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on August 01, 2017, 06:51:52 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 01, 2017, 06:42:07 AM
^^^
That's funny.  :snicker:

It's such a shame he was sacked. He would have been the perfect mouth piece for the vomitorium that the White House has become. The gift that just kept on giving. He's a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) and was lecturing scientists that the Earth is 4,500 years old. Only a factor of 1,000 out! I'll miss him. Unless the next one is even better/worse.
"Vomitorium" I like that.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

I agree Tank the cartoon was really funny! ;D

Also in the news, apparently the Trump does read some...here's a book spotted on his bedside table.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

That is far too complicated for the White House's resident quarterwit .

Dave

Quote from: No one on August 02, 2017, 06:16:02 PM
That is far too complicated for the White House's resident quarterwit .

Yeah, he'd fail totally on the line, "Being President'.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Goody ! I have a new and useful word for my collection: Vometorium.....   I think that the  implication is devilishly appropriate for the topic at hand.

Tank gets a silver star for his invention.  :notes:

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on August 03, 2017, 11:40:23 PM
Goody ! I have a new and useful word for my collection: Vometorium.....   I think that the  implication is devilishly appropriate for the topic at hand.

Tank gets a silver star for his invention.  :notes:

I know this is off topic but I have a hard time picturing your accent Gene, if you catch my meaning. Of the folks here who I haven't heard speak I have a fairly well set "voice" that I read their posts in. Even some who I have heard speak will forever be read in their original voice. Bruce, for example, will always sound like an accent neutral woman, from before I knew he wasn't a she.

But you... I can't picture what you sound like no matter how hard I might try. It's your word choices that do it I think. In one post you take on a professorial air and in another my mental eight track spews sounds of Stuey from Family Guy. It's so frickin' frustrating and I don't know why.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz