News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Evidence of UFO Found In 1716 Book ...

Started by Kekerusey, September 21, 2016, 10:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

... or maybe not?

So I saw this on the Bing newsfeed:

UFO Depicted In Text Written In 1716 Discovered On Google Books

In essence the picture is claimed to be proof of UFO in the 18th century.

I would ask of those making the claim why, if it was a UFO, has it got the sun on it? Why does the picture cite Psalms 84:12, "O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee."?

To me it looks far more like the sun is peering through a hole in the dome of the sky, something clearly referenced in Genesis as well as other biblical books. To me it seems clear that this references something biblical and has sod all to do with UFOs. I suspect it has more to do with the Noahic flood than anything else since it appears to depict a sea of some kind, perhaps the end of the flood.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Recusant

Hmm, and verse 11 of the same psalm reinforces the non-UFO interpretation: ". . . the Lord God is a sun and shield . . ." In addition to the text "Defendor Benignè" seen in the image, it's pretty clear that this is nothing but religious iconography.

The next step for the author would be to say that of course the artist is using religious imagery and references to disguise his depiction of a UFO. And so it goes.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Yeah it totally looked like a compass or a pocket watch to me and just happened to be in the stereotypical flying pattern that all UFO pictures are; tilted forward, half cocked to the side.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus