News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Atheist Discussion on Blog Talk Radio

Started by Deborah, December 17, 2009, 11:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Hi,

We'll be talking with Joe Zamecki, Texas State Director of American Atheists, about the Atheists Helping the Homeless program tonight, followed by a talk about evolution, creationism and intelligent design.  If you're interested, we'd love to have you join in the discussion.  The show page is here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/god-discus ... t-design-a

There will be a chat room open during the talk.

Cheers!
Deborah

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Whitney

I don't consider real activism projects spam...it's the links to crappy new websites that bother me.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Whitney"I don't consider real activism projects spam...it's the links to crappy new websites that bother me.

All he did was show up to advertise himself ... I consider that spam.  But oh well.  Talk Radio sucks ;-p
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

terranus

Not sure if this is on topic or not but:

I gave a homeless guy $5 the other day. His response? "God bless you." I told him I didn't do it for god, but that I did it for him. He didn't know what to say, and just walked off.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Dretlin

Quote from: "terranus"Not sure if this is on topic or not but:

I gave a homeless guy $5 the other day. His response? "God bless you." I told him I didn't do it for god, but that I did it for him. He didn't know what to say, and just walked off.

Something quite similar happened to me. I bought a homeless man a sandwich and he asked me if I was a christen, I said no I am an Atheist (of course).

It did not seem to bother him too much, he was too busy eating that sandwich anyway.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Dretlin"
Quote from: "terranus"Not sure if this is on topic or not but:

Something quite similar happened to me. I bought a homeless man a sandwich and he asked me if I was a christen, I said no I am an Atheist (of course).

It did not seem to bother him too much, he was too busy eating that sandwich anyway.
At least he didn't refuse to eat the sandwich. Homeless folks know that beggars can't be choosers the best, I suppose.