News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Question

Started by Arturo, April 15, 2017, 10:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

In psychology, what is it called when a behaviour is happening, and then something is taken away, and the behaviour is more likely to happen?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

Negative reinforcement? However, I'm not certain.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Arturo on April 15, 2017, 10:23:36 PM
In psychology, what is it called when a behaviour is happening, and then something is taken away, and the behaviour is more likely to happen?
Partial reinforcement.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

It's called, "You're taking it away because you want me to stop? Nice try, but that's not gonna happen."  :smileshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

Negative reinforcement.

Arturo

Yeah it was negative reinforcement. At first I thought it was tank who had the right answer because I was confused earlier when I wrote this. So I thought the confusion was caused by something crazy I never heard before. But after further looking, it turns out it's negative reinforcement. Thanks everyone!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱